Chapter 130: Negotiations In The Land Of Iron

In the Land of Iron, the capital city, it was covered in ice and snow. The eaves, streets, and even the crowns of trees and grass were piled with white snow. Even the shoulders and heads of pedestrians were covered with a good amount of snow.

Outside a palace, five people were waiting at the gate. Tatsuma raised his hand to brush off the snow from his hair, vigorously rubbed his hands, and sighed, "It's really cold here. Why do we have to wear formal attire?"

At this moment, all five of them were dressed in elaborate kimonos. Although the fabric of their clothes was sturdy, it couldn't withstand the erosion of the wind and snow in this icy world. Minato beside him couldn't help but nod involuntarily.

Tsunade and the other two looked much better. Except for Orochimaru, who always looked pale as if he were about to die at any moment, the three of them didn't shiver or complain.

Only Jiraiya, wearing a slightly smaller kimono, occasionally grabbed his own ample crotch and adjusted his pants.

Tsunade, upon hearing her disciple's complaint, turned back and pointed to the double-sided fork emblem on their clothes, saying, "Of course, it's to show off the Senju of the forest."

The Senju of the forest referred to another name for the Senju Clan, and the emblem of the Senju Clan had a much longer history than today's Konoha. Coupled with the deeds of Senju Hashirama in the past, the reputation of the Senju Clan spread far in the shinobi world.

Although the Senju Clan no longer exists today, or even if it does, it is only a part of the Konoha village. In diplomatic situations, they still need to represent themselves as Konoha, the Land of Fire, externally.

However, in terms of individuals or people in diplomatic settings, the weight of the Senju Clan is undoubtedly greater. Especially when Tsunade wears this attire, after all, she is the granddaughter of Senju Hashirama. After putting on this attire, anyone would have to show her more respect.

Before departure, Sarutobi Hiruzen instructed them to wear formal attire with the Senju clan emblem. This also carried some significance of borrowing the prestige of the First Hokage. Otherwise, where else could they find these formal clothes?

At this moment, a warrior clad in full armor also emerged from within the gate, returning a document to Tsunade with respect, and said, "Lady Tsunade, and esteemed guests, please come in."

Tsunade, not as carefree as usual, instead had a dignified demeanor reminiscent of Uzumaki Mito. She nodded, and even the headpiece adorned with leaf symbol on her head hardly moved. She followed the warrior into the palace.

Tatsuma glanced at Jiraiya, who was once again adjusting his kimono, then looked at Minato, who was similarly reserved. He raised an eyebrow at him, drawing his attention, and then gestured with his eyes towards Orochimaru, who remained composed.

Minato instantly understood, subtly nodding. Immediately, the two of them mimicked Orochimaru's posture and movements, also stepping gracefully into the palace. It had to be said that in terms of elegance, Orochimaru far surpassed Jiraiya by a considerable margin.

Following Orochimaru's example, the two of them finally shed some of their awkwardness. After meandering through various corridors with the warrior, they eventually entered a hall with very few seats prepared, just six in total.

On the main seat sat a middle-aged man with gray hair. The other five seats were undoubtedly reserved for Tsunade and her companions. Besides them, whether armored or not, everyone else stood.

Tsunade appeared very composed. After bowing, she took her seat. Tatsuma followed Orochimaru's lead in bowing and then sat down as well, continuously glancing around. Tatsuma's assessment of this palace was that the lighting was too poor.