Chapter 47: The Best Hunters Often Disguise Themselves as Prey

"Hey, is that Murata Yuko? Her little brother's the cheeky one who tried to take you out a few days back and ended up in our clutches," Yusuke remarked, eyeing the perplexed Yuko seated on the ground. He turned to Nasu, who nodded in agreement and remarked

"Next time, handle it more cleanly. Now she's still alive but causing trouble for my business. What's the deal with that?"

"I get it. I'll handle her in a bit," Yusuke nodded before inquiring, "What about our uninvited guest?"

"Anyone stirring up trouble in my turf should pay up and get lost" Nasu shook his head and disappeared into a nearby room. Yusuke made his way toward Tatsuma and the others. Meanwhile, seizing the moment, Minato poured some alcohol on the madam's body and splashed a bit on himself.

Approaching without uttering a word, Yusuke was met by Minato, who, having shrugged off his earlier unease, gestured to the alcohol stains on his chest and queried, "You the one calling the shots around here?"

"I'm in charge to deal with both of you."

"Your authority is good enough then. What's the deal with this joint of yours? One spills drinks like it's a hobby, and the other acts more high-and-mighty than the customers?!"

Minato cut in, disrupting Yusuke. Yusuke glanced at the unconscious Madam, covered in various alcohol stains, deducing that she might have accidentally spilled drinks on a customer who then knocked her out in frustration.

However, instead of pacifying him, this revelation only fueled Yusuke's irritation. Placing his hand on the long sword at his waist, he declared, "Hand over the money you've got, vacate this place, and we might just let you off the hook for causing a ruckus in the joint."

"Money? Which eye of yours sees that we're carrying any cash?"

Tatsuma remarked with casual indifference. Yusuke was taken aback; it was the first time he had encountered someone more audacious than himself. He then demanded, frustration evident in his tone, "So you intentionally came here today to stir up trouble?"

"Ahahaha~"

Tatsuma wore a wicked smile, declaring, "Did you just figure that out? I hereby proclaim that Hakusen Village is now under the control of Sakata Gintoki and my brother Hattori Zenzou. Hurry up and fork over the money!"

Yusuke's expression darkened entirely as he reached out to seize Tatsuma's chest. However, Tatsuma's hand moved unusually swiftly. He snatched a bottle of alcohol from the table and ruthlessly smashed it against Yusuke's head.

"Bang~"

Shards of glass and alcohol droplets scattered in all directions. Yusuke staggered, caught off guard, and before he could regain his balance, Tatsuma delivered a swift kick, propelling Yusuke the now-unconscious right beside Yuko.

In the dim light, Yuko, perplexed about how things had escalated, glanced at Tatsuma. To her astonishment, Tatsuma winked at her.

Observing the unconscious Yusuke next to her, Yuko discreetly touched the short knife hidden in her bosom, grasping Tatsuma's intention.

In the midst of the chaos, the remaining patrons and waitresses hastily made their exit, leaving the ronin to encircle them. However, Tatsuma and Minato remained unperturbed, calmly surveying the individuals in their proximity.

Soon, the two exchanged glances and nodded. Tatsuma had already discerned Nasu's influence in Hakusen Village, realizing that these people had congregated quite coincidentally.

Tatsuma turned his gaze toward the direction of the room Nasu had entered and instructed Minato, "Zenzou, take it easy on them, don't give these folks a fright."