Chapter 54: Mission Details

Tatsuma's gaze was drawn to a woman with dark crimson hair, emitting an aura of profound dignity with every glance.

No words of introduction were necessary; Tatsuma recognized her instantly. She was none other than the wife of the First Hokage and the first Jinchuriki, Uzumaki Mito.

Observing the gravity etched on Uzumaki Mito's countenance, Tsunade instinctively recoiled, choosing silence over confrontation. Even Jiraiya, with a solemn nod, withheld his thoughts from vocalization.

Noticing Tsunade's momentary pause, Uzumaki Mito shifted her attention to Tatsuma and Minato. Her demeanor softened instantly, and she approached them with measured steps. "Children," she began, "I'd appreciate your assistance with a small task."

Tatsuma grasped that Uzumaki Mito was alluding to a mission, though its specifics eluded him. Nonetheless, he nodded in agreement, mirrored by Minato.

Uzumaki Mito acknowledged their agreement with a nod of her own before continuing, "Jiraiya mentioned your aptitude for sensory skills and quick mastery of sealing jutsu. Once this task is completed, if time permits, I encourage you to visit us frequently."

"Kushina has recently delved into Sensory and Sealing Jutsu as well. If you're keen, you can join her in learning," Uzumaki Mito suggested.

Hearing this, Tatsuma was a little excited. He had picked up the sealing talent from Uzumaki Kushina, but because the pick-up was incomplete, although he knew how to use some of the Uzumaki clan's sealing techniques, he didn't grasp their deeper intricacies.

Moreover, they are only basic sealing techniques with low difficulty and not powerful sealing effect. Tatsuma is not satisfied with this.

These techniques, though fundamental, lacked the potency he sought. Tatsuma yearned for a comprehensive understanding of Sealing Jutsu, and studying alongside Kushina presented an opportunity to absorb more of her expertise, thereby refining his own mastery of the art.

The realm of Sealing Jutsu boasted an impressive ceiling, captivating Tatsuma despite the requirement of Otsutsuki-level powers for some techniques.

The only thing he doesn't crave very much is genjutsu. After all, Orochimaru and Kurenai Yuhi, who are both good at Genjutsu, can be beaten easily by others who use Genjutsu. Without the Sharingan, there is no future for playing Genjutsu.

Interrupting their thoughts, Jiraiya interjected, "Mito-sama, we'll take our leave now. Rest assured, we'll return to provide a thorough report upon completing the mission."

"Alright, go, and tread cautiously," Uzumaki Mito nodded, observing the trio depart— one adult and two children. Tsunade's gaze bore into Jiraiya's retreating form with a fierce intensity, feeling irked by his opportune departure when she was rendered voiceless.

Once they were out of earshot, Uzumaki Mito turned to Tsunade, her gaze drifting to the scattered playing cards on the ground. In a remarkably composed manner, she inquired, "Have you made progress with the technique I imparted to you?"

Tsunade's response came with a tinge of remorse, "Not yet," she confessed, grappling with a sense of guilt. Her studies had taken a backseat amidst inner turmoil, leaving her efforts to grasp the teachings somewhat neglected.

"I assumed you had already mastered it. Otherwise, why indulge in a leisurely card game with the children today?" Uzumaki Mito's observation carried a hint of sarcasm, not lost on Tsunade.

Acknowledging the underlying criticism, Tsunade clasped her hands behind her back, inclined forward, and cast her gaze downward. "I'll dedicate more time to practice; today, I simply sought some relaxation," she explained softly.