Chapter 123: System Update

"What's with this kid? Are all Konoha ninjas this fearless?" Hanzo wondered as he looked at the silver-haired, curly-haired kid not far from him on the battlefield. His eyebrows slightly furrowed, and his mouth under the mask involuntarily pursed.

Having roamed the ninja world for decades, Hanzo knew he was far from being considered a deity of the ninja world, but over the years, he had earned some renown. Among his peers, he was one of the best, not just in the Land of Rain but across the entire ninja world. The reputation of Hanzo of the Salamander was not inferior to the current Five Kage, and it was even more prominent than the Third Mizukage, who rarely left his domain.

Yet here he stood, facing a kid who looked no more than ten years old. This kid not only showed no fear but also seemed to look at him with excitement.

This gaze was both familiar and unfamiliar to Hanzo. It was familiar because in his youth, he used to look at the Seniors of the ninja world with the same eyes. Then, he would use this gaze to watch as one by one, those Seniors met their demise under his scythe.

However, what felt unfamiliar to him was that he hadn't met any Seniors worthy of being looked at like this for too many years. Or perhaps, he had become the "Senior" himself. It's just that he hadn't encountered any juniors brave enough to look at him like this.

Hanzo keenly noticed that the kid clenched his fists, and the tip of the Chakra short sword in his hand slightly lifted. Was he planning to fight him?

"Swoosh!"

Just then, two figures blocked the space between him and the kid. He recognized these two people; they were the two disciples of the Third Hokage.

Orochimaru slightly lowered his head towards Hanzo, not displaying any superiority, and said, "Lord Hanzo, please do not heed only one side of the story from the Iwa-nin. The Konoha ninjas appearing here are only here to support those besieged by the Iwa-nin."

After speaking, he also took out a scroll and laid it on the ground. These were the recent actions of the Iwa-nin in the Land of Rain that he and his two teammates had gathered as evidence. Handing over this evidence to Hanzo was precisely their mission for this journey.

However, things didn't go as smoothly as expected. The ideal scenario was to conduct reconnaissance on the Iwa-nin without being detected, then deliver the collected clues to Hanzo, provoking his anger towards the Iwa-nin.

But Orochimaru didn't expect that their mission this time not only encountered unexpected incidents, resulting in the three of them being besieged by the Iwa-nin, but also the Iwa-nin were playing the same game as them, all to provoke Hanzo's anger towards the other party.

At this moment, as Hanzo looked at Orochimaru and Tsunade, both with pale faces, he was about to reach out to take the scroll from Orochimaru's hand when the Iwa-nin who handed over the message said in a sly tone:

"Lord Hanzo, be careful. Orochimaru previously fought against Sand Ninja Chiyo. Perhaps he also knows the poison techniques of the Sand."

Upon hearing this, before Orochimaru could react, Tsunade, beside him, was furious, but because Hanzo was present, she had to suppress her desire to beat the hell out of this bastard.

Hanzo, on the other hand, looked at the Iwa-nin with a disdainful gaze, jokingly thinking to himself that when it came to playing with poison, there was no one in the ninja world who could surpass him!

Without hesitation, Hanzo opened the scroll and began to read. As he read, his expression gradually darkened, and the faces of the Iwa-nin also turned slightly grim.

Now it all depended on which answer Hanzo chose to believe. However, compared to Konoha, the Iwa-nin believed that their sincerity was more convincing. After all, they could withdraw from the Land of Rain at any time, but the fate of Konoha's team was uncertain.