Chapter 121: Dirty Reputation

"Sss..."

Tatsuma had just shouted when several kunai broke through the wall of flames and flew towards him. Tatsuma performed a spinning dodge, and several kunai appeared in his hand, one less than the number thrown at him.

As for the whereabouts of the last kunai...

"Tatsuma, your shoulder!"

Minato shouted nervously, standing in front of Tatsuma with a kunai in hand, ready to prevent the Rock Ninja from launching another attack.

"It's okay, I'm used to it."

Feeling the pain in his left shoulder, Tatsuma forced a grim smile, sheathed the shuriken in his hand back into his pouch, and then pulled out the kunai embedded in his shoulder.

Forming seals, he used the Mystical Palm Jutsu to accelerate the healing of his shoulder wound, while his eyes watched solemnly as the explosion gradually dissipated in front of him.

These Rock Ninja were definitely an elite team. Faced with the combined ninjutsu of him and Minato, they not only managed timely defense but could also seize the opportunity to counterattack.

The flames dissipated, revealing blackened walls of earth in front of everyone. Traces of shuriken left behind by the shuriken shadow clones could be seen on the walls, but these clones had disappeared due to the heat and impact.

"Rumble..."

At this moment, the earth walls slowly began to settle down. Despite being struck by the shuriken shadow clone jutsu and flames, only about six or seven of the nearly hundred Rock Ninja showed signs of burns or cuts.

Among the Rock Ninja lying on the ground, only three remained. Despite the joint ninjutsu that drained nearly half the chakra of two individuals and took out three Rock Ninja, the faces of Minato, Tatsuma, and some other Konoha Ninja around them turned solemn.

However, the Rock Ninjas didn't look optimistic either. After all, they had unleashed a large amount of ninjutsu to besiege Jiraiya an the others, and now, with the joint defensive earth release, their chakra levels were not in great shape.

"Close in! Rock Ninjas excel in earth release; ninjutsu attacks won't be very effective!"

An Inuzuka Clan ninja shouted before riding his large dog towards the Rock Ninjas team. Minato also turned to Tatsuma behind him and asked, "Tatsuma, are you still able to fight?"

At this point, Tatsuma, whose shoulder was no longer bleeding heavily, nodded and said, "No problem, don't worry."

Minato nodded in response, following the footsteps of the surrounding Konoha Ninjas as they closed in on the Rock Ninjas. Tatsuma reached into his backpack and pulled out a sealed scroll. After unsealing it with hand seals, a chakra short sword fell into his hand.

He quickly rushed towards one of the Rock Ninjas who had been kicked away by the Nin-Dog. The airborne Rock Ninja, upon seeing Tatsuma charging with the short sword, flashed a hint of anxiety on his face and swiftly formed hand seals.

"Earth Release! Hardening Jutsu!"

"Clang!"

As the chakra short sword passed over the Rock Ninja's neck, Tatsuma's hand felt a sudden intense pressure, almost causing him to lose grip of the sword. The Rock Ninja then fell to the ground, feeling the trickle of blood on his neck. A look of astonishment appeared on his face; he had been breached, and by just a kid at that.

Tatsuma saw the injured Rock Ninja and rushed towards him again. The kind of Ninjutsu that could withstand his first strike might not hold up against multiple strikes.