Chapter 6: Secret Taijutsu·One Thousand Years of Death

Observing the duo move with impeccable form, Sakumo found himself particularly intrigued, particularly by the blond child. His low center of gravity and the stylish ninja-like sway of hands behind him caught his attention.

Yet, the child who addressed him as "uncle" deviated from the standard. His hands swung in an unconventional manner, crossing in front of his chest, a departure from the typical ninja style.

"Watch out, Sakumo-sama!"

Minato Namikaze yelled, unfamiliar with the ninja before him. However, upon hearing the Hokage-sama call out Sakumo's name, recognition dawned on him.

In a synchronized effort, Minato and Tatsuma launched their attacks, thrusting their Kunai simultaneously towards Sakumo's waist.

Sakumo's eyelids twitched. Although he understood that this was due to the height difference between them, it still felt unpleasant!

"Bang~"

As the two Kunai made contact with Sakumo, he abruptly transformed into smoke.

"Dudud~"

The two Kunai, now devoid of a target, impaled a strategically placed wooden decoy. This exemplified the fundamental application of the Substitution Jutsu.

Sakumo didn't even specifically look for the right timing and position to execute the technique and just performed it casually; doing the opposite would be too much of a bully for these two kids.

Sarutobi Hiruzen's true intentions for Sakumo to engage in a "spar" with the two youngsters was not lost on him.

Taking a quick dash to position himself approximately ten meters away from Tatsuma, Sakumo strategically placed himself within the range suitable for Ninja Tool Throwing practice tailored for Academy junior students. The duo, Tatsuma and Minato, were engrossed in their practice at this distance earlier as well.

As Sakumo expected, Tatsuma and Minato swiftly transitioned from chipped Kunai to rusty Shuriken. In total, they launched six Shuriken, each exhibiting a slightly irregular trajectory.

This inconsistency arose from both youths being unfamiliar with the technique of simultaneously hurling multiple Shuriken. Minato had yet to master it, and while Tatsuma displayed a talent inherited from Minato, his proficiency stood at 20%, leaving him short of mastery in this particular skill so far.

The six Shuriken, launched in unison, proved futile in exerting even the slightest pressure on Sakumo. With fluid motions, he traced a circle in the air with his hands, effortlessly catching the Shuriken before nonchalantly redirecting them back towards the two youngsters.

Observing the Shuriken returning at least twice as fast as their initial launch, both Tatsuma and Minato displayed visible signs of tension on their faces. Hastily tracking the projectiles' trajectory, they vigorously swung their Kunai in response.

"Ding ding ding~"

"Ding ding~"

Tatsuma successfully deflected three Shuriken, showcasing nimble expertise. Meanwhile, Minato managed to deflect two but was forced to evade the last one by agilely leaping aside.

"Not bad!" Sakumo offered a rare compliment. However, in the next moment, his figure dissipated into a cloud of smoke, leaving behind only his voice lingering in the mist.

"Guess which one is me?"

"Pupupu~"

From the dissipating smoke emerged three Sakumo figures, swiftly advancing towards the duo. These weren't Shadow Clones but rather the most fundamental form of Clone Jutsu. Despite lacking the complexity of the former, the mere visual duplication was sufficient to sow confusion and deception.