Chapter 84: Learning From Orochimaru

Tsunade ultimately handed over the command to Orochimaru. Orochimaru immediately returned to the communication tent to inquire about the situation. Considering the magnitude of this matter, it was necessary to first inform his sensei.

However, Tatsuma did not have the opportunity to participate in this "teleconference" with the Hokage this time because it was of the highest secrecy level. Although Tatsuma proposed the tactical plan, he did not have the authorization to participate.

In fact, Tatsuma felt some regret after proposing the plan because it required some ninjas to sacrifice themselves, and they would die as part of their own strategy rather than due to the enemy's attack.

Although from a broader perspective, this tactical plan might benefit Konoha in gaining more advantages and reducing casualties on their side in the overall war, it still deliberately sent some people to their deaths.

With a somewhat somber mood, Tatsuma was taken to the temporary camp. Before he could rest, he was pulled into the role of a medical ninja, treating the injured ninjas from the battles of the past few days.

Tatsuma was aware that his indecisiveness and hesitations were his major weaknesses at the moment, but he found it difficult to change this aspect of himself in the short term.

Being assigned the role of a temporary medical ninja was actually a good thing for his current emotional state. After all, he was helping "his own people" instead of scheming against them. To put it in a more mystical way, it was a form of redemption for himself. To be more direct, it prevented Tatsuma from having the time to regret his actions.

Orochimaru's efficiency on the other side was remarkable. On the same day, he issued orders within the camp, officially appointing himself as the new commander on the battlefield. Within the camp, there were no chaotic or dissenting voices. After all, during this period, Orochimaru had been handling the camp's operations, and now he was merely formalizing his role.

The next day, Orochimaru reorganized the more than one thousand ninjas within the camp without arousing suspicion. Everyone accepted the team restructuring, understanding that the formation of squads was aimed at directly confronting the Hidden Sand Village, creating opportunities for the Hyuga team.

Currently, with the Hyuga team completely annihilated and facing difficulties in gaining immediate advantages through direct confrontation with the Hidden Sand Village, there was a need to change the team distribution.

Under Orochimaru's arrangement, aside from the functional small teams, the main force was divided into two categories: combat and disguise. The combat teams would continue to engage the Hidden Sand Village in battle during this period, buying time.

Meanwhile, the disguise teams were tasked with setting up various temporary bases, outposts, and ambush lines in the Land of Rivers.

Of course, Orochimaru did not disclose the entire plan to everyone, including Tatsuma, who had been reassigned. Tatsuma's assigned task was to follow the a Squad Captain and participate in setting up temporary bases.

It could be considered a relatively easy task. During such extraordinary times, the difficulty level of various missions did not differ significantly, and the recorded achievements were also similar.

However, this wasn't the task Tatsuma wanted to carry out. With doubts and intentions in his heart, Tatsuma went outside the command camp to request an audience with the current battlefield commander, Orochimaru.

Before long, Tatsuma was granted entry into the tent. Orochimaru was standing in front of a sand table, meticulously manipulating Wind and Earth Release Chakra to simulate battlefield changes.