Chapter 74: Mito's Gift!

"Send Sakamoto Tatsuma to the battlefield? Isn't that ridiculous?!"

In the Hokage's office, Sarutobi Hiruzen looked at the list handed over by Tsunade, very dissatisfied.

How old is Tatsuma? Not even nine years old, and with the talent he has shown, in ten years, no, perhaps only six or seven years, he could possess the strength of a Jonin.

Such a genius, compared to Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Orochimaru, is not inferior at all. Sending such a promising seed to a dangerous battlefield before he even grows up, isn't that absurd?

If the village is really in danger, then perhaps they would have to use all means, but Sarutobi Hiruzen does not think that the Hidden Sand Village, a mere village, requires sending Konoha's children to participate in the war.

"It's not that I asked him to go; he begged me to let him go with me. Moreover, I've already promised him. What's the matter, old man? Are you going to teach me how to go back on my word in front of my students?"

Sitting across from Sarutobi Hiruzen, Tsunade picked at her own fingertips, her tone extremely disrespectful, infuriating Sarutobi Hiruzen who had to take deep breaths to suppress his anger.

"But that doesn't mean he should go to the battlefield!"

Sarutobi Hiruzen could only reiterate his viewpoint, and Tsunade looked at her sensei, saying, "I made an agreement with him. Without my consent, he can only join the medical and logistics teams.

His proficiency in Medical Ninjutsu surpasses the majority of ninjas in the village, and he has earned approval from Grandma Mito for learning Sealing Jutsu. These are rare ninja skills for the village.

Once Hidden Sand Village's Chiyo uses new poisons, I will definitely need a considerable amount of time to decipher the antidotes. With Tatsuma leading the Medical Corps, I can rest assured."

Upon hearing Tsunade's reasons, Sarutobi Hiruzen's anger subsided somewhat. After contemplating for a moment, he spoke, "Let Orochimaru accompany the team as well."

"When you're developing the antidote, the team needs someone to command. Having Orochimaru there will also better protect the camp. You don't mind, do you?"

Commanding is a crucial role on the battlefield, and it's the person who can earn the most merit. Of course, in case of failure, the one bearing the most responsibility is also the commander.

The originally designated commander was Tsunade. Now, Sarutobi Hiruzen is adding Orochimaru to the team and expressing the intention to occasionally grant Tsunade the right to command when necessary. Naturally, he needs to consult Tsunade's opinion.

However, Tsunade doesn't mind. On the contrary, she sighed in relief, shrugged, and said, "If I weren't worried that you had other arrangements for Orochimaru and Jiraiya, I would have included their names long ago."

"Jiraiya does indeed have other arrangements. Currently, Orochimaru is the only one available."

"Alright, no problem. Inform him, and by the way, let him handle logistics and supplies. We depart in three days."

Tsunade stood up, walked away briskly, while Sarutobi Hiruzen helplessly rubbed his temples. Tsunade is still as unpredictable as ever, and judging by her tone, it seems like she only spent two days compiling a list.

"Nothing else has been done; otherwise, there would be no need to delegate everything to Orochimaru."

Sighing, and convincing himself in his mind that he needs to take care of his own disciple, Sarutobi Hiruzen then spoke, "Sakumo, go inform Orochimaru and ask him to come see me."

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

Sakumo Hatake emerged from the shadows and, before leaving, asked, "By the way, Hokage-sama, if needed, I can also go to the battlefield for support at any time."

Sarutobi Hiruzen shook his head and said, "I do need you on the battlefield, but not now and not in this particular conflict."

Upon hearing this, Sakumo Hatake was somewhat puzzled. Seeing his subordinate still not understanding his intentions, Sarutobi Hiruzen continued to explain:

"Don't be fooled by the current silence of Hidden Cloud Village, Iwagakure Village, and Kirigakure Village. Once war breaks out, if we or Sand encounter any unexpected situation, they will not hesitate to act.

This is when you should step in, and you're not going against Hidden Sand Village. Doing so would only endlessly fuel Hidden Sand Village's determination and motivation."

"I understand. I'll go inform Orochimaru first."

Sakumo Hatake nodded, didn't linger, and turned to leave. On Tatsuma's side, when Uzumaki Mito heard that Tatsuma was going to the battlefield, she didn't show any signs of dissuasion. After all, she was a person who came from the Warring States era.

Before the establishment of the ninja village system, children didn't have much assurance, and at that time, battles were between clans. A single war could lead to the destruction of an entire clan, so every bit of combat strength was needed.

An eight or nine-year-old child placed in the Warring States era could already be considered a force capable of fighting.

However, Mito's lack of opposition didn't mean she didn't care. She called Tatsuma, who usually trained alone.

In the hall where Mito usually taught Sealing Jutsu, she looked at Tatsuma, sighed, and said, "I understand. There's no use in trying to persuade you further. Since you're already Tsunade's disciple, I will consider you as family. However, there isn't much that I can do for you."

"Mito-sama, sensei just agreed to let me experience the war in the logistics and Medical Corps, without the need to go to the battlefield."

Looking at Mito's worried expression, Tatsuma reassured her in a comforting tone. Mito shook her head and said, "You wouldn't willingly accept this. I can still see that. Come here."

With that, Mito beckoned to Tatsuma. Although he was a bit puzzled, Tatsuma walked over to Mito. Looking at Tatsuma, Mito suddenly said, "If Tobirama had children, they might look like you."

Upon hearing Mito's unique sentiment, Tatsuma didn't know how to respond. Mito didn't wait for him to reply, reaching out to gently grasp Tatsuma's left hand.

She pulled up the sleeve on Tatsuma's left arm, revealing the entire forearm. Mito measured Tatsuma's forearm with her fingers and said, "I hope you won't need to use this."

Tatsuma was puzzled and confused. At that moment, however, a large amount of red Chakra emanated from Mito's body. Before Tatsuma could react, Mito's fingers pierced the skin on Tatsuma's forearm.

At that very moment, the blood-red Chakra flowed from the wound into Tatsuma's arm. In an instant, Tatsuma's posture twisted, and he was on the verge of collapsing. However, Mito held and lifted his left arm, preventing him from falling.

A searing pain, as if being roasted, penetrated Tatsuma's mind. He felt his left hand as if it were on fire, no, it was almost charred.

Finally, the infusion of the blood-red Chakra ceased. Mito, with fingers stained in Tatsuma's blood, quickly began to sketch on Tatsuma's arm, completing a complex Sealing Jutsu.

The blood suddenly began to glow, then subtly disappeared into Tatsuma's arm. The previously pierced wound somehow healed, and Tatsuma, no longer in pain, regained consciousness and control of his body.

"It's quite heavy."

Tatsuma suddenly felt like his left hand was carrying a heavy load, constantly pulling downward. At the same time, he sensed a subtle connection with Mito—no, it should be something inside Mito.

Mito withdrew her hand and looked at Tatsuma. Then, like an elderly person advising their grandchild not to reveal the money she gave them to their parents, she whispered, "It's enough that you know. Don't tell anyone."

"I understand, Mito-sama. Thank you."

"Return safely. That is all that matters."

----

Check out my Patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt