Chapter 91: Small World Indeed

"Damn Konoha, is all of this just a trap?!"

Three days later, at the border of the Land of Fire, Chiyo looked at the triumphant Tsunade and the overwhelming number of Konoha Ninjas, her teeth clenched in anger.

When she first gained the advantage, Chiyo also suspected whether it was Konoha's scheme, but over the past week, Konoha had lost more than once, making her involuntarily feel that it was Orochimaru and Tsunade's leadership that was inadequate.

And she, who was already somewhat impatient to defeat Konoha's army, even wanted to fight until Sakumo Hatake appeared, to avenge her son and daughter-in-law, gradually falling deeper into the pleasure brought by each victory.

Especially with Hoshi by her side, who was similarly impatient, and not just the two of them, the entire Sand Ninja army from top to bottom felt that this war was the best opportunity for the Hidden Sand Village.

Even though more than one member of the staff mentioned multiple times that this was likely a conspiracy by Konoha, including Chiyo and Hoshi, they didn't believe it was a conspiracy.

It's just that Chiyo couldn't believe that Orochimaru and Tsunade, two young people taking on war command for the first time, had such audacity, daring to sacrifice so many Konoha Ninjas' lives and land to lure her into a trap.

Looking at the opposing team, Chiyo felt uneasy. Orochimaru and Tsunade alone were enough to counteract her role on the battlefield. Besides them, there were also a large number of elite ninjas with considerable fame and strength, such as the new generation elites Kunugi Mokume, Shinku Yuhi, Umino Ikkaku, as well as Rima and Shima, pillars of the Senju Clan, along with many other Senju Clan ninjas.

Apart from Jiraiya and Sakumo Hatake, almost all the young elite of Konoha had come to this battlefield. They seemed determined to thoroughly defeat the Sand Ninja army head-on!

Moreover, Chiyo just noticed a large number of Hyuga ninjas. Chiyo was suddenly startled because she realized that those supporting Hyuga ninjas had all disappeared at that moment.

Chiyo instinctively looked backward, then quickly turned back to the Hidden Sand individual beside her, whose expression mirrored her own unease. "I'm afraid we've been surrounded. The ninjas scattered across the Land of Rivers are probably..."

Upon hearing this, the Hidden Sand individual's expression changed as well, then said, "What about Hoshi-sama?"

At this moment, Hoshi was still within the Land of Rivers, clearing out the Konoha Ninjas who had been separated from their teams. But it was likely that these ninjas weren't forced to leave their teams; rather, they intentionally split up.

As expected, those scattered Konoha Ninjas probably formed a line by now, completely encircling them. In this situation, Hoshi was in danger!

"You quickly lead a thousand ninjas to retreat to the rear, while searching for Hoshi's whereabouts. Break through the encirclement as soon as possible and rendezvous with the support team sent by the village."

Chiyo gave the order swiftly, and the ninja's face showed difficulty as he said, "Chiyo-sama, that would leave you with less than five hundred people here."

"That's still better than staying here altogether. Hurry!"

The Sand Ninja nodded, taking the command and swiftly leaving. Soon, there was a change in the Sand Ninja army. Seeing most of them retreating towards the Land of Rivers, Tsunade's smug expression disappeared. She turned to Orochimaru and asked, "Orochimaru, aren't you going to stop them? Are we just going to watch them escape?"

"They won't escape, and engaging in combat now wouldn't be advantageous for us. The Sand Ninjas must have prepared themselves for a desperate fight, and our army has just endured a long journey and needs time to rest," Orochimaru calmly analyzed. He didn't mind the retreat of the Sand Ninja army because the rear of the Sand Ninja had already been heavily surrounded by many Konoha Ninjas. They didn't need to completely annihilate the Sand Ninjas; delaying them was sufficient.