Chapter 117: Helping a Brother

"Duy, how did you get new scars on your face again? Are cats that fierce? Can even a mighty Ninja get scratched?"

As soon as Duy stepped into the Tri-Color Dango Shop, laughter erupted inside. Ignoring it, Duy simply wiped away the scratches and specks of dirt left by the cat on his face and said to the counter:

"I'll have two skewers of tri-color dango, one serving of plum daifuku, please pack them."

The girl at the counter nodded and started packing food for Duy. However, the other customers around seemed somewhat displeased. Someone jeered:

"As a Ninja, you're only ordering this little? are your pockets running out of money? Even us ordinary folks aren't as poor as you, right?"

Someone else chimed in from the side, "Exactly! Duy's poverty isn't because he's a Ninja, but because of his refusal to abandon his Genin's pride and unwillingness to solve his own problems through labor."

"As I see it, he should take off his Ninja headband and work honestly, doing meaningful work every day instead of useless training, it's better than delivering goods by cart."

Listening to the discussions around him, Duy buried his head deeply, a forced smile on his face, not daring to show any displeasure to those around him.

"Brother Duy, don't mind them. I've added some extra plum sauce for you to take back to sister Shoko"

Although the girl at the counter looked angry, as an employee, she couldn't show her temper to the customers, so she could only pick larger dango for Duy and give him more sauce.

Outside the Tri-Color Dango Shop, Uchiha Tenko, who had finished his training and brought two "enemies" to buy his favorite food, was furious when he saw the situation inside the shop. He even wanted to rush in and teach the others a lesson.

But Tatsuma and Minato each held one of Tenko's shoulders, and Tatsuma whispered in Tenko's ear, "Once you cause trouble, they won't dare to pursue you, being an Uchiha, but they'll hold a grudge against Brother Duy."

"What should we do?! Just stand by and watch them insult Brother Duy?"

Tenko looked resentful, and Tatsuma, seeing Duy already holding his takeaway box, was about to turn around. He pulled Tenko, and with a Body Flicker, they disappeared.

Duy felt like there were a few familiar figures outside the door, but when he snapped out of it, he realized they were just passersby. For some reason, he felt relieved.

'Thankfully, no acquaintances saw me in this embarrassing situation, or else they would surely question if I haven't fulfilled enough of my youth's ideals, right?'

Duy thought as he walked towards home, planning to spend quality time with his wife tonight. Tomorrow being the last day of the Academy vacation, he planned to visit the training ground and see those spirited young ninjas.

After Duy had left the street, Tatsuma and the others emerged from an alley. Tatsuma pondered for a moment and said, "The mindset of these villagers can't be changed solely by us."

"What should we do?"

The anger on Uchiha Tenko's face hadn't subsided, and even Minato furrowed his brows, showing that, gentle as he was, he couldn't help but feel indignant about Duy's situation.

"We may not be able to change how Brother Duy is perceived by everyone now, but we can change his circumstances."

After Tatsuma finished speaking, Minato curiously asked, "How do we change it?"

Uchiha Tenko, now also staring with his wide eyes at Tatsuma, although their interaction had only been for a short month, Tenko had developed some respect for Duy, the Genin who had been teaching them Taijutsu.