Chapter 105: Preparing To Rejoin The Battlefield

"When it comes to going to the battlefield, Sensei, don't you need to stay at the camp to decode Chiyo's poison?" Tatsuma asked curiously.

Tsunade smiled and replied, "If you're interested, you can check my research notes. This time, Chiyo deployed a total of fifteen types of poisons. But I managed to completely decode them in less than two weeks. Do you know why?"

As Tsunade spoke, her pride in her eyes couldn't be concealed. Tatsuma pondered for a moment and said, "These poisons are probably composed of several toxins arranged in different combinations and proportions. As long as you identify the key toxins and decode them, no matter how many variations there are, the toxicity will greatly decrease due to the failure of the main toxins, thus being expelled from the body."

As Tatsuma spoke, Tsunade's pride in her eyes and the smile on her lips gradually faded. Tatsuma suddenly felt a chill, which was unusual for early summer.

"Duang~"

"So you think you're smart, huh?!"

Tsunade threw a punch directly at Tatsuma's forehead. Tatsuma instantly grimaced in pain, rubbing the spot on his head where he was hit, and grumbled, "You're the one who asked me, aren't you?"

"Do you even understand what it means to ask a rhetorical question?!" Tsunade retorted confidently.

For a moment, Tatsuma actually doubted if it was really his fault, but he quickly shook his head and murmured, "This kind of opportunistic method seems familiar."

"Hmph!"

Before Tatsuma could figure it out, Tsunade turned and walked away, as if fleeing the scene of a disaster, leaving a distance between herself and Tatsuma before saying, "If you want to go to the battlefield, pack your things. I won't wait for you too long."

Tatsuma was about to agree, but then he remembered something and asked, "Sensei, can I bring Minato along?"

"If you want to bring him, it's your responsibility if he dies," Tsunade replied without even turning around. With a wave of her hand, she hurried away, leaving Tatsuma perplexed once again.

After a while, Tatsuma finally realized, feeling a sense of relief that he had narrowly escaped trouble. He was fortunate that Tsunade was in a good mood today; otherwise, he would probably have received a few more blows.

Once he understood this, Tatsuma didn't entertain any thoughts of pursuing the copyright issue. After all, this "Deconstructive" approach to problem-solving was not unique to him. It was something he and Minato had brainstormed together, applying it to Ninjutsu.

While Tsunade applied it in the medical field, it only saved a bit of time compared to the conventional method of individually dismantling each toxin. But the crucial aspect remained decoding the toxins themselves.

Only with the ability to decode toxins individually could they effectively apply this knowledge to various poisonous substances. Tatsuma's method of decomposition was helpful, but to a small extent.

Back at his own tent, Tatsuma rummaged through his large backpack again, selecting the supplies he needed. Once he finished packing, he headed to the logistics camp.

Arriving at the logistics camp, Tatsuma spotted Minato squatting by a stream, swiftly waving his hands as he continuously washed food containers.

After going to the battlefield, ninjas usually eat Military Rations Pills to restore their energy. However, even in this rear base camp, nobody would leave hot meals untouched to eat Military Rations Pills.

Although Military Rations Pills can serve as emergency food and restore energy, eating them excessively is bad for the body, such as causing constipation.

Therefore, cooking is crucial in the camp. Young prodigies like Minato can only start from washing dishes and delivering meals when they come here.

As Tatsuma approached Minato, before he could say anything, Minato spoke first, "Tatsuma? Why are you here? Are you hungry?"

Tatsuma shook his head and asked, "Minato, do you want to go to the battlefield?"

Upon hearing this, Minato, who was washing dishes, suddenly paused, a glint of longing and a hint of envy appearing in his eyes. After regaining his composure, he asked eagerly, "Can I go to the battlefield too?"

In fact, Minato had asked Orochimaru before, but Orochimaru had decisively refused Minato due to Tatsuma's serious injuries on the front lines. Now, hearing that there might be a chance, how could Minato not be thrilled?

Tatsuma nodded and said, "I asked Sensei, if you want to go, prepare yourself. We'll be moving with the main force this time, so the danger should be minimal. Orochimaru-sama probably won't refuse."

Hearing that it was Tsunade who agreed, not Orochimaru, Minato still felt a bit uneasy. He didn't know the details of the power transition between Tsunade and Orochimaru.

Growing up as a ninja, trained to obey orders, Minato subconsciously felt that Orochimaru was the authority figure in this camp, while Tsunade didn't have absolute power.

But soon, Minato made a decision. He stood up, removed his apron, and said, "I'll go talk to Akimichi Tsuyoshi-sama first, Tatsuma. Wait for me a moment."

"No problem."

Excited, Minato used Body Flicker and dashed away. Soon, he returned with a joyful expression on his face, saying, "Tatsuma, I've talked to Akimichi Tsuyoshi-sama. I can leave anytime now."

Tatsuma sized up Minato and asked with a wry smile, "Empty-handed? Even Duy knows to bring a Nunchaku when going on a mission. You didn't even prepare any ninja tools."

Upon being reminded by Tatsuma, Minato realized his oversight. Feeling a bit embarrassed, he was about to ask Tatsuma to wait for him a bit longer when Tatsuma spoke up first, "Let's go get them together. It's closer that way."

Minato nodded, and the two of them went to Minato's tent. It was evident that Minato had prepared well for his deployment, as his backpack was noticeably larger than Tatsuma's.

Watching Minato restlessly packing, Tatsuma began to doubt whether his decision to bring Minato to the battlefield was right or wrong.

However, fortunately, as Minato finished organizing his backpack and prepared the necessary supplies, his natural ninja talent shone through once again.

Initially somewhat excited, Minato instantly calmed down as he looked at Tatsuma, wearing only a smile. "Let's go, Tatsuma. Let's not keep the others waiting too long."

The two of them didn't know the exact gathering point, but it didn't matter because besides them, there were numerous other ninjas heading towards the assembly point within the camp.

After leaving their tent, they followed the other ninjas towards the gathering point. As soon as they entered the assembly area, Orochimaru, who had just arrived there, caught sight of them. He only glanced at them briefly before turning away.

Minato, who had been worried that Orochimaru might refuse to let them go to the battlefield, breathed a sigh of relief. His determination to fight surged even stronger, as he made a silent vow.

"The village trusts me so much. I can't let them down!"

"Sakamoto Tatsuma! Minato Namikaze! Come here!"

At that moment, a rugged voice echoed, causing Minato, who was already eager for combat with the Sand Village, to compose himself. He understood that the village was about to assign them a mission.

----

Check out my Patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt