Chapter 162: Claiming +10000 Attributes!

This was Tatsuma's first time seeing Sakumo Hatake on the battlefield.

At this moment, Sakumo Hatake stood behind Chiyo, with a short sword, White Fang, held in reverse against Chiyo's neck. There was not the slightest fluctuation on his face, not even in his eyes, which seemed calm to the point of lacking any killing intent.

But to Tatsuma, who was observing from the sidelines and was also on the same side, Sakumo felt utterly chilling.

A hint of admiration uncontrollably appeared on Tatsuma's face.

Even though he knew this true Konoha's White Fang was formidable, witnessing his demeanor at this moment, even Tatsuma couldn't help but want to shout out, "So handsome!"

Not to mention Tatsuma, even Jiraiya and the other two looked at Sakumo Hatake with eyes shining, as if they were beholding an idol.

"Sakumo Hatake! What do you intend to do?! Do you wish to incite a war of annihilation between two nations?! If you dare to act, you will become a criminal in the eyes of the entire shinobi world!"

Seeing Sakumo Hatake holding a blade against his sister's neck, Ebizo questioned him fervently, but he didn't dare to approach Sakumo Hatake.

It wasn't that he feared Sakumo Hatake, but rather feared what Sakumo Hatake might do to Chiyo. At this moment, Chiyo seemed to have lost all ability to resist. The Chikamatsu Collection of Ten Puppets had been dispatched to attack Tsunade and had not returned to her side.

The other scrolls remained sealed because the opponent was an Enhanced Strength female like Tsunade. As for Taijutsu or Puppetry techniques, they couldn't even cause a ripple in front of Sakumo Hatake.

Sakumo Hatake had complete control over Chiyo's life and death. With just a thought, he could end Chiyo's life in an instant.

"I do not wish to incite the so-called war of annihilation, nor do I intend to become a criminal in the eyes of the entire shinobi world. In fact, if possible, I do not wish for the outbreak of war. So, let's settle this. I will arrange for negotiations. How about that?"

Sakumo Hatake didn't seem to have any intention of acting. Three days ago, he had received a plea for help from Jiraiya. Just as he had handed over the camp to the Uchiha and returned to the village from the north, he hurriedly arrived at this battlefield.

Before departing, Sarutobi Hiruzen had also emphasized to him the importance of pushing for negotiations between the two or even three parties. Although he was currently holding Chiyo hostage, he didn't wish to resort to violence.

Of course, if Chiyo insisted on resisting, he couldn't simply allow her to break free and escalate the situation further.

Chiyo clenched her teeth tightly at this moment. Although she didn't see Sakumo Hatake before her, her eyes were filled with the image of the one who had killed her son and daughter-in-law.

Chiyo even felt the urge to resist recklessly, just to gain an opportunity for revenge. However, she also understood that if she died on the battlefield, the Wind and Fire countries would move toward what Ebizo referred to as a war of annihilation. Both sides might even deploy Kage and tailed beasts, leading to a truly relentless battle with no end in sight.

Sakumo Hatake said he didn't want to become this criminal, and Chiyo felt the same. But could they simply give up the chance for revenge?

Seeing hatred and anger once again appear on Chiyo's face, Ebizo spoke in a low voice, "Sister, think of Sasori!"

At the mention of that name, Chiyo suddenly stumbled. If he hadn't reacted quickly enough, Sakumo might have accidentally killed Chiyo.

In that moment, Chiyo seemed to age decades, losing the grace of a shinobi flower. Her face, now worn and defeated, twitched occasionally, and the sound of grinding teeth could be heard between her clenched jaws.