Chapter 221-225

The eldest son of Gu Dawang was calm and kind when he was a child, and he should be even better now.

  And he, the second son, also has a pure heart, and coupled with the warm-hearted Gu Dawang, they are really a family.

  After handing in the paperwork about chili peppers, Zhou Ziyan never asked about it again.

  He put away the chili peppers that Gu Siwen bought for him and planned to take them to a friend's hot pot restaurant when he was about to take a rest at the Imperial Academy so that he could study them.

  Living in the Imperial College, time seems to have been frozen.

  Every day that passes, Zhou Ziyan's inkstone becomes less ink.

  Zhou Ziyan handled more and more documents and folded books. In order to organize them systematically, he extracted a few core thoughts from the documents he read every day and wrote them down on his own paper, then bound them into a volume.

  Snowflakes drifted and rose outside the room, and the cold wind carried the desolate fallen leaves and flew into the room from the window, falling on the poor bed.

  There were more and more documents and records, and Zhou Ziyan had to reorganize his records every month. Looking at the thick record book, he suddenly realized that the time had already entered the new year when he was busy.

  As the Chinese New Year approaches, the Imperial College gradually begins to suspend classes and take baths.

  The supervisors received their supervision certificates in batches according to their student numbers, so that the Imperial College would know that the supervisor had left prison for the New Year.

  If the journey is really long for a supervisor like Zhou Ziyan who comes from other places, then I'm sorry, even if the supervisor wants to leave, the Imperial College will not allow it.

  Whenever Daqing approaches the New Year, there will be a lot of troubles.

  Even though the imperial students had learned horsemanship, archery and martial arts in the Imperial College, the Imperial College was still afraid that something might happen to these "delicate and expensive" scholars on their way home, and that they would not be able to protect them.

  So they simply forced those prison students who were far away from home to stay in the Imperial College during the Chinese New Year.

  Anyway, food and drink are all available in the Imperial College, and there is no need to go to class after taking a rest. You can always invite one or two classmates to visit the major palaces in the capital, which is not boring.

  Of course, a supervisor like Zhou Ziyan who came from the south cannot leave casually.

  Even if he has a special status, that won't work.

  What's more, with his status, it is even more impossible for Zheng Jijiu to let him go out at will. If something goes wrong, Zheng Jijiu himself will be afraid!

  Zhou Ziyan has been thinking about hot pot for a long time. Just after taking a bath, he dragged Gu Hongwen and refused to let him go, "Let's go find Siniang."

  "Going to Siniang's shabu-shabu shop? Very good!" Gu Hongwen's eyes lit up when he heard that he wanted to eat hot pot, "Nan Xing hasn't come back yet, I'll call her to come with me later."

  As a doctor of the Five Classics of the Imperial College, Jiang Nanxing still needs to assign Xiu Mu homework to the supervisors, so she hasn't come back yet.