Rishabh's guilt

Follow me on WATTPAD for updates

And ,

Follow me on INSTAGRAM for interesting reels related my story

IG : @author_sunita 

===================================

“Ok, see you sun.”, saying this Alok disconnected the video call.

Then he got up and came to the window and looking at the moon in the sky said, “Anokhi I will definitely fulfill the promise I made to you. Now the reason I got you married to Rishabh should also be fulfilled. I know what Rishabh has done to you, but Anokhi you will have to bear all that, because for what I want you will have to bear all this. You cannot grow weak and you cannot leave that house, and Rishabh at all.” At this time there was neither any anger, nor any hatred, nor any pride in Ashok's eyes. Rather what was visible in his eyes was regret and remorse.

Rishabh and Praveen returned home.  After coming home, the first thing that Rishabh did was to slowly open the door of Shobha's room and look inside the room. Seeing Shobha and Riya sleeping , he smiled a little and closed the door.

When he came back to the living area, Praveen was still standing there. Rishabh said to him, "Your duty is over, will you sing me a lullaby now? Go and sleep in your room. Just go and get lost." Saying this, Rishabh moved towards the stairs.

Praveen looked at him once. Rishabh had climbed almost half the stairs by now, seeing this Praveen went towards his room.

Then while climbing from the stairs, Rishabh's eyes went to Anokhi's room and his steps stopped there. He started looking at her room and did not know when his feet started descending the stairs instead of climbing them.

He reached Anokhi's room staggering a little in his drunken state. The room was completely quiet and he could feel a coldness in the air which Rishabh did not like at all.

He said to himself, "It was not like this when I came last time. She was sleeping here then." Saying this, he pointed towards the bed, and then spreading both his hands, he said further, "And her faint fragrance was coming in the air. But tonight there is nothing. Neither she nor her fragrance." Saying this, he jerked his hand down. As if he did not get what he wanted.

Rishabh looked around the room. Then his eyes fell on Anokhi's cupboard and he moved towards it. He opened the cupboard and saw that there were some sarees and salwar suits, which were very simple.

He took out a red colored salwar suit and sat on the bed with it. He was staring at that dress as if he was trying to find Anokhi in it.  When he couldn't find it, he threw the dress on the bed and lay down covering himself with Anokhi's blanket.

He started getting the fragrance he wanted from Anokhi's blanket and her pillow. Finding it, Rishabh started smiling and  hid his face completely in the blanket and started feeling its fragrance.

Then Rishabh took the dress back and hugged it to his chest and said softly, “Vikram says that if I say sorry, the fire burning in my heart, the guilt I am feeling, will all subside. If that is the case, then I say, I am sorry. I am sorry, I did not know that you cannot walk, otherwise I would not have let you climb the stairs and would not have asked you to walk from the temple to the palace on the wedding night. I know you must have felt a lot of pain, I am so sorry. You know mom will also be very angry with me for this. After all, I did the same thing that her husband Alok Shergill did to her. That is why I am very angry with myself. Get well soon and get your treatment done. I will not let you live like this. I do not know what Rohit was talking about, but whatever happens, if you have to get treatment, then you have to get it done.  ”