The Popular a̶r̶t̶i̶s̶t̶ Gamer

Tari and Melony were taking a nice scenic route through the park to relax themselves before the big moment came. Melony had brought along her sketchbook with her favorite art pieces and flipped through it while Tari quietly hummed to herself. A conversation might break the silence between them. "I'm just so excited for you! Just don't forget your friends when you become the most famous manga artist in the Kingdom."

"Of course not." Not a few seconds later, Susan had arrived with Lakitu, once again, following behind her. She took a good look at the girls and shook her head. "No! That's not right. Too basic..." Melony looked down at her sketchbook and giggled nervously. "That's what I was thinking..." She scrambled through her pages and then quickly reached for a pen. "Just let me draw something here-"

"That will not be necessary." Melony let out a "huh?" of confusion. "But how am I going to inspire everyone if I don't create some new drawings?" Susan had no idea what she was talking about. It was like the girl was speaking in tongues or something. "What are you talking about? I never said I was going to make you the influencer. She is!" Susan pointed to the person standing next to Melony, which unfortunately was Tari. Lakitu got up in her face with the camera, freaking Tari out a little while Susan dismissed Melony. She was no longer needed.

Melony was heartbroken and felt tears streaming down her cheeks as Tari was disturbingly pushed by Latiku. The once inspired artist was now crushed, nothing left to do except pack up her stuff and head back home. Tari saw her moment of opportunity to slip away while Susan was distracted and told Melony "I can't do this." Wiping tears away from her face, Melony plastered on a fake smile and reassured her friend "You can't pass up this opportunity. The CEO of YouTube wants you and your gaming would become so popular!"

She sighed glumly as she said at a quiet, but still audible voice "I know we were both hoping it would be my dream, but you still can't give up on this. Please promise me you won't. "Tari! Let's go, everything's ready!" Tari looked at Melony, who tried to be happy for her friend, but deep down it killed her to watch Tari walk off with all the attention.

She headed back to her apartment and silently drew her failure in art form. There was nothing except the sounds of her pencil to keep her at ease......that was until Mario and Four came through the door. "How'd it go! Mario can't wait another second!" Melony quietly said "It didn't. Susan wanted to work with Tari, not me." Four said "I'm so sorry. Is there anything we can do to help?" Melony shook her head and said "I just want to be alone..." before covering her head with her hood and refusing to speak another word. Four and Mario exchanged concerned glances, excused themselves, and did as they were told.

Tari was starting her first show, where many gaming fans couldn't wait to see her in action. Assistants were dressing her in a more adorable hoodie and applying eye shadow. It just didn't feel right for her to be wearing all this makeup and basically be living a lie, but she couldn't let Melony down. Susan kept changing her mind with "Too much blush." and "Not enough."

"Too much."

"Not enough."

All the reapplying was making her dizzy, but was finally excused for her show. Susan walked with her asking "Aren't you excited." Tari said "Sure, but I'm still a little nervous."

"Nervous? It's only a crowd of impatient fans that will be watching your every move and judging you." Tari's breath quickened when Susan said that, but it was too late as the music came on and she was rushed over to the stadium. Millions of camera flashes and screaming was surrounding her. She wanted to run and hide, yet she took a deep breath and told herself "You can't let Melony down. You must do this. You must. You must." She began waving to the audience which instantly changed their expressions from raised eyebrows to applauding their hearts out.

She smiled nervously as she could hear all the encouraging words of the crowd.

"She's so cute!"

"Look how beautiful she is!"

"I'm totally subscribing to her!"

In just a few days, videos were coming out by the bowl. Consistent uploads and streams of Tari playing all sorts of videos games had caught so much fame that there wasn't one person who didn't know the name of the most popular gamer on YouTube. Tari always had to attend all the events that Susan organized and tried to invite Melony along, but the melon girl was always stopped by security at the gate.

Tari didn't really like the attention, wishing things could go back to the way they were. Just hanging out with her friends. However, every time she thought about them during her streams, one always came to mind: Melony.