Friend or Foe

They had been walking for so long that it felt like this forest would go on forever. "Mario is tired! When are we going to get there?" Meggy sighed and said "I don't know Mario but we should be there soon." She then diverted her attention to Four.

"Four are you sure we're going the right way?"

 "We should be almost there. The path seems to be opening up so it has to be-"

Four stopped mid sentence and his eyes lit up as there in the distance was the very structure they had been searching for. A crumbling old castle stood there just beyond the trees. Four pointed and cheered "There it is! The ruin that holds the elements of harmony! We made it!"

Four excitedly rushed off to the castle while Meggy called out "SMG4! Wait!" He turned around for just a second to to then fall off the cliff of a broken bridge. Luckily Three pulled him back up. "Dude. What's with you falling off cliffs today?" Four flushed a little embarrassed to then get up and investigate the broken bridge, as did the others. The castle was on the other side of the chasm that was connected...or was connected by a long old rickety bridge.

"Now what?" Mario asked. Three rolled his eyes and gave a smug grin to Mario. "Relax Mario. I'll just teleport over to the other side and tie the bridge." He grabbed a snapped off piece of rope and made a portal that led to the other side. "Oh yeah!" Mario pipped up as they all watched Three head through the portal. He pulled the rope up and was about to tie it when all of a sudden a gentle whispering voice called out "SMG3..." Three gasped and quickly spun around but all he could see was fog. There was bunch of it surrounding the bridge.

"SMG3..."

Three narrowed his eyebrows and shouted "I'M AFRAID OF NOTHING!!! SHOW YOURSELF!!!" The voice didn't dare raise its volume as it quietly said "We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the best villain in all the land."

"Who?" Three asked confused. "Why you of course." Three blinked a few times while replying "Really?" but then remembered "Oh yeah my villain arc."

"You see I'm actually a good guy now and I have friends so..." The voice paused for a second before continuing "No SMG3. We want you to join us..." All of a sudden 3 figures crept out of the fog resembling something that looked like ghosts. "The phantoms." Three's eyes widened till the figure in the middle spoke back up. "We're the most powerful beings in the Dark Webbed Forest and soon we will be the greatest villains in all the universe." The figure then smiled and said "But first we need a leader." Three was still struck as the figure continued to try and persuade him.

"The most magnificent, quickest, bravest, villain in all the land." It then whispered in his ear "We need....You." Three quickly cleared his throat and headed back towards the bridge. "I'm sure that sounds wonderful but I think I'll just-" All the figures suddenly stood in front of him blocking the bridge. "It's them or us...

Three looked horrified till he heard Four's voice. "Three! What's taking so long!" Four looked across the bridge to see what was happening and saw the ghostly figures talking with Three. He could hear them bribing Three to join them. Four was shocked. Would Three do it? Would he go back to being a villain? Did he really not care about him and his friends?

He snapped out of his thoughts as the others saw what was happening as well and were just as concerned as him. Four had to do something. Unfortunately it was too late as the figure used dark powers to block them with fog. "Three don't listen to-" the fog covered his voice up so Three couldn't hear what he was saying. "God...no...Three....please.....don't do it." Four whispered to himself. 

Three thought to himself. What should he do? The figure turned back to him and asked "Well..." He thought about his past. His ambitions. His goals. He loved being a villain but...

"You." he said sternly with a serious look. The figure smiled. Three rested his face and said "Thanks...for the offer I mean." He went over and tied the bridge. "But I have to say no." He went back over and crossed the bridge to go back to his friends. The figures stood there upset till they disappeared back into the shadow and crept behind the trees. 

Three went back to the other side and the others cheered. "Good job Three!" Four replied. His smile faded. "I was worried you would..."

"Go back to being a villain." he said. "Yeah..." Three's expression softened "Well I couldn't just leave my friends stuck here." Four gave him a sweet smile.

They had did it. They had made it to the castle. They could save their home. All that is needed now is the spark.

Three has really changed. He did love being a villain but he loves his friends more...even if he doesn't show it often. He just couldn't leave his friends like that...