Jealously and Persistence

Some Teletubbies were watching YouTube (couldn't imagine what they are watching) until they saw Tari walking on the other side of the street. She wanted to go for a quiet stroll to get a break from this new celebrity life of her's. That wasn't really possible when the Teletubbies gasped. "IT'S TARI!" Turns out they were huge fans and were just dying to meet the girl that they had seen a million times a before, except this time she was a huge hit.

Tari was caught off guard by her entuthstaic little admirers and she quickly ducked behind a street corner. She found a bunch of people snapping pictures and shouting a bunch of conflicting responses.

"Tari!"

"Over here Tari!"

"Tari I love your videos!"

She pushed through the crowd, sprinting while looking behind her to see if they were still following her. She then bumped into some more followers of hers that were demanding things like autographs and shoutouts. Everywhere she went, a large group of devoted fans would follow her. She decided to hide at the only place she could think of where she would be safe: Melony's apartment.

Melony wasn't doing any better as she was curled up in her bed, too sad to take a nap. She then heard the sound of a door opening and quickly followed by slamming. She turned to see a panicking Tari who was blocking the door as muffled screams were coming from behind. "Wow. Look how...popular you are." She remembered she had to act happy for her friend so she wouldn't be upset.

"I'm so excited for you! You must be having the best time ever!" she said, plastering a fake smile on her face. Tari blinked and then sighed when she knew she had to keep going to not disappoint Melony. "Oh yes...best time ever..." If only the girls admired how they were really feeling.

Then the door swung open, expecting to be a crazy fan, but instead it was Susan and she was in quite a rush. "Tari! I have been looking for you everywhere! We have another event to get too!" Tari nodded and turned back to Melony. "I'll see you at the spa again? Usual time?" Melony agreed and said she was looking forward to hearing all the exciting new opportunities t̶h̶a̶t̶ s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ b̶e̶e̶n̶ h̶e̶r̶'s̶.

Once both of them were gone, Melony groaned and told herself "I wish that I was the one admired by others wherever I go." If only she knew how stressful and overwhelming it was. Then she saw two toads bursting through with smiles on their faces. "Oh. Can I help you?"

"Is Tari here? We heard that she was here." Melony made a cute grunt and mumbled "Sorry you just missed her..." in a still loud enough voice. "But you're in luck I have plenty of copies of my new series, The Adventures of Mr Axolotl!"

"Uh...who are you?" Melony giggled and said "Melony! I'm the girlfriend of the manga artist Axol." The toads exchanged glances and replied "We've heard of Axol, but not you." She felt a rising anger as her mouth quivered and her hands shook.

Tari was at a conference with Susan, who was describing the new antics of Tari's channel while the audience continued to shout out compliments and over obsessing quotes. "I am so glad to have found her for my company!" The cameras flashed and Tari shielded her eyes by looking at the clock. Then she realized she was late to meeting Melony. "Um...Susan?" She wasn't listening because she was too busy answering questions and her detailed speeches. "She's a natural in front of the camera."

"Susan?"

"I only have to point the camera's and she does the rest!"

"Susan, I'm sorry to interrupt but its just I'm late for-"

Susan gasped as she completely forgot "You have an appearance down in Mushroom City! Everybody will be there!" Tari stopped her by saying "Actually I'm supposed to be meeting my friend." She was going to be even more late now because Susan pushed her off to their destination while shouting "Let's go!"

Melony was sitting in the spa's tub with no one except Four for company. He had changed into his robe and listened to Melony's nicely put ranting. "My fingers are getting so pruny from being here so long. Seems Tari is just so busy from her new career to spend time with her friends." Four rubbed his chin and tried to reassure her "I'm sure she just got held up."

"Of course she is. She's the big bright shinning star. I just wish that that star was me..." Four's eyebrows mixed with concern. "Tari is our friend and we should be happy for her." Melony tapped her fingers along the ring of the tub and said "I know. The truth is that I'm really....JEALOUS! There, I said it!" She truly was, but couldn't possibly share this with Tari so she asked Four of a request.

"Please don't tell Tari about my feelings." He nodded and said "You have my word. Understandably, losing trust could make you lose your friend."

"FOREVER!" Mario shouted as he popped out of the bucket of bath scrubbers. Four flinched as he watched Mario slowly defend back into the container. Melony got her towel and got out. "I'm sorry, but I'm going home. I just don't feel like waiting any longer." Four watched her leave and decided to take a soak himself when Tari entered. "Melony I'm so sorry I'm-....she's already gone isn't she?"

"Sorry." Tari grunted in frustration and wanted to scream, but it came out with a soft squeak. "You okay?" Four asked her. "No. Can I tell you something?" Four assured her that he would listen to anything she had to say. Then Tari's true feeling came out. "I don't like being this famous. I hate it! I'm only doing it so I won't let Melony down."

"Really!?" Four was surprised. Now that he knew both of their secrets, everything made sense. He leaned closer to Tari and whispered "If that's true then Melony..." He was stopped by Mario, who poked out again from the bucket and shook his head. Tari scratched her head and then asked "What were you going to say?" Four instantly shut his mouth. He forgot he had promised to not tell either one about their true feelings. "Nothing!" What could he do to help the situation?