An Unexpected Delay

The sun peaked out over the hills as the crew had almost made it to their destination. It was actually quite the calm and pleasant morning. That was until a huge rumble began to shake the train.

Three was sound asleep until some kind of vibration had pushed him right out from the covers. "Oi! What was that!?" The others all woke up as well to find the man on the floor and the rumbling train car. It sounded like it was coming from outside? They all peaked out the window to find a group of bandits called the Miscellaneous seven, riding on horses and causing a mighty big ruckus.

Melony diverted her attention to the western style hats they were all wearing. "I love their hats! They're so cute!" Three looked at her like she was crazy and said "Why the hell should we care about that when freaking outlaws are surrounding the train!" Four took notice of the surrounding as well and said "They're getting awfully close to the train..."

The bandits steered their horses right into the train car, knocking the passengers around with the large impact. Tari started running around panicking while Mario began spinning around and jumping like the train was a bouncy castle.

"AHHHHH!!!!"

"WHEEEEEEE!!!"

"CAN EVERYONE CALM-"

Bob and Boopkins were sleeping in the last train car against the bed full of potatoes. They had eatten a portion of rations, but there was still enough to deliver to the town. Suddenly, a thud was heard and Bob raised an eyebrow. "THE HELL WAS THAT?" Suddenly the bed began sliding to the left, then to the right, and then back to the left.

Finally, the bandits had stopped raming into the train car and the crew lied on the floor, tired and dizzy. Mario then snapped out of it and ran up to the window, replying "Look! They're doing tricks!" Back to the window everyone went and they saw horses jumping onto one another, making a tower. One bandit in particular, Shroomy had jumped onto the top and stood up on his horse, keeping balance. Mario started banging on the glass, yelling "Ooh! Ooh! Do a backflip!"

Shroomy jumped onto the train car as a loud bang could be heard on the ceiling. "Or a regular jump..." Mario was admittedly a little disappointed about the dud of a trick, but something wasn't settling right with Three. He narrowed his eyes while looking at the sound of feet banging across the roof. "Something tells me this isn't a stunt show." He knew full well that the bandits were after something and he was going to find out what it was. The others watched him rush off to go after Shroomy.

Shroomy was running down to the back of the train when Three appeared in front of him. "Hey! Where do you think you're going!?" Seeing the man in front of him only made the bandit speed up. He slid underneath Three and continued his trek to the back car. Three came running up past him and yelled out "Okay...You're a little faster than I gave you credit for." He once again blocked the mushroom's path and tried to tell him "I just want to-"

Shroomy ran past him without saying a word. "Oi!" He tried the same tactic again with more aggression. "Don't ignore me! I'm talking to you!" Shroomy than jumped over him and did a flip, landing both feet and continuing to run. Three was speechless. "Whoa..." Still, this whole thing was getting on his nerves.

He gained enough ground to catch up to that criminal, but it wasn't sufficient enough for Three. He wanted to catch that slippery bandit and was so close to getting the drop on him until Shroomy dove down to the opening between the two train cars. "I've got you now you-"

Three slammed right into a railroad sign and fell to the ground, groaning. Shroomy unattached the hook that held the last train car to the train and called the bandits over. They immediately stooped attacking the train and fell back, taking the train car with them. Meggy, Mario, Four, Tari, and Melony watched the train car going the opposite direction.

"They've got Mario's potatoes!" Upon closer inspection, Bob and Boopkins were pounding on the train car window, screaming for help.

"Help!"

"I'M TOO YOUNG AND SEXY TO DIE!"

Four was the first to notice and said "And they have Bob and Boopkins!" Three slowly picked himself up just in time to witness the dynamic duo being stolen along with the sack of potatoes in the train car. As it slowly disappeared in the distance, Three said "Kidnapping that stupid cabbage and homeless hobo! I'll show him!" His head ached in pain as he rubbed it, now realizing that the train was leaving without him. "Ah crap..."