Unwanted Favors

Four watched as his friends continued to argue. He couldn't stand to see them fighting like this. That was enough. Four stood up and shouted at the top of his lungs "QUIET!!!" Everyone immediately stopped except for Mario.

"Just because you want to be your boyfriend's date doesn't mean Mario can't go SMG3!" 

Four quickly shot him a glance and Mario instantly shut up. He took a few seconds to calm down and said sternly "Guys there's no use in arguing."

"But-"

"NOPE! This is my decision and I'm going to make it on my own and I certainly can't think straight with all of you arguing." His seething hunger came back and made him grimace. "Not to mention hunger." he mumbled. Four stood his ground and dismissed them. "Go on! Shoo!" They all walked off, seeming to admit defeat.

Four still knew he had to make a decision soon. "Somehow."

Somehow. A classic excuse for procrastinating work. Four never tried to put this kind of stuff off that long but with all this pressure he kinda wished he could.

A little bit later...

Four and Bob had found a nice restaurant to eat at. Looking over the menu he couldn't shake off the choice no matter how hard he tried. Meggy, Three, Mario, Melony, Tari...

Four was snapped out of his thoughts when a waiter asked "Have you made your decision?" God if the pestering had to get worst.

"I CAN'T DECIDE!!!"

"HE JUST WANTS TO TAKE YOUR ORDER."

"Oh." Four flushes of embarrassment for a second then says "I would like a burger please." Bob turned to the waiter and says "DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SHINY POKEMON?" The waiter looks at him confused. "NEVER MIND."

Once the waiter left Four asked Bob "What do you think?" "I THINK WE NEED TO TRY ANOTHER PLACE. THIS IS DUMB." Four rolled his eyes. "I mean about the gala and the ticket and who I should take."

"BRO YOUR STILL ON THAT." Four slammed the table. "Bob listen. How do I choose? And when I do choose will the other four be mad at me?" He concerned though of a solution but then shut it down. "I could give up my ticket and give away two but that would still leave three of them disappointed." While he was pondering the waiter brought the food out to the table. Four sighed and said "This looks good. Maybe things will be clearer once I eat."

Just before Four could take a bite of his burger a bunch of people ran past him, soaking wet into the restaurant. "Uh sir? Are you going to eat your food in the rain?" Four looked blankly. "It's not raining." To his surprise he was wrong as all around him a thunderstorm had appeared. Four was even more surprised that his table was the only thing not affected by the rain. "What's going on?" 

Then he noticed that Three was standing there using his meme energy to make a hole in the clouds. "Hey there buddy." Four looked skeptical at him. "Three what are you doing?" Three acted like he had no clue what Four was talking about. "What do you mean? I just saw my smart and considerate friend about to get rained on so I thought I let you eat in peace." Four could obviously tell that Three was faking it. He had never heard Three call him smart and considerate before.

"Three you're not trying to get extra consideration for the ticket by doing me favors are you?" Three looked shocked and appalled. "Me? Of course not!" You could practically see the halo above his head.

"Uh huh."

"I would do it for anyone." Okay now it was obvious he was being a suck-up. He would never let anyone catch him doing something nice. This was all because of that stupid ticket.

"Three I know what you're doing. You never act this nice and you call me an idiot quite often."

"Touche."

"Three I'm not accepting favors right now so I'd appreciate it if you left me alone right now." He sighed. The jig was up. "Fine." He sealed off his powers and left through a portal. Finally now Four could get back to lunch. Just as it seemed that Four could finally enjoy himself he and his burger became soaked. He growled. "LOL." Bob just snickered while Four just sat there in the rain. Melony came up to them carrying her watermelon patterned umbrella. "Guys it's raining."

Four turned to her and said "No. Really?" with a sarcastic tone. Melony quickly grabbed his arm and rushed over to her house. Four just kinda went along with it.

Wouldn't want to catch a cold anyway.