It's all gone wrong

Four decided to go and visit Meggy to make sure she was alright. He opens the door to her house and looks around. "Meggy?" He then sees something that catches his eye that was going on outside. Four heads outside to see a bunch of equipment and Meggy trying to pull herself up on the bars while still looking just as sleep deprived as she was at the celebration.

Meggy gets off and accidentally knocks over some splatfest bombs but luckily they hadn't been set off. However, instead of picking them up she falls asleep. "What on earth is she doing?" Four asked himself and called out to her.

"Hey Meggy!"

"Meggy!"

"Meggy!?"

None of his attempts had woken up the inkling turned human so he got closer so she could hear him better.

"MEGGY!"

Meggy woke up in a period of shock then tried her best to muster a smile when noticing Four. "Oh hey Four!" Four looked at her up and down before replying "What is all this?" Meggy went back to work while providing an answer to his question. "The splatfest championship is coming up."

"Splatfest what?" Meggy sighed as she explained it while picking up the bombs and placing them back carefully. "It's one of our team's biggest event of the year. We use all the skills we have learned throughout our previous games and put it all into one big competition." Four was still confused. You'd think Meggy would get the hint it wasn't the info he had come to get some answers about. "But why are you doing it all alone?"

"Cause my team is unavailable." Four raised an eyebrow. "What about all those inklings when you and Mario first met? Can't they help?" Meggy rolled her eyes. She made a note to invite Four to one of her splatfests to teach him more about it. "They were just there to practice. They are actually all on different teams and are busy practicing for the competition as well." Four got in front of Meggy and stopped her in her tracks. "So I'm on my own... which means I should really get back to work." They stood in awkward silence.

"Ahem....get back to work." He got out of her way. "Fine." Meggy felt dizzy as she replied "Could you step aside Four?" Four was puzzled. "I just did." Meggy looked at Four as her vision was getting blurry. She could barely make out what he said. "Meggy...you....don't.....look....so...good..." Meggy shook he head to stop the spinning. Four got a closer look to check her but she pulled away and walked off. "Don't you three worry. I'm fine." 

Excuse me? Three? Why would she say...? Oh because of her vision. Her eyes couldn't focus. Four got visibly concerned as he went up and asked "Do you want some help?" Meggy's eyebrows furrowed. "HELP?! No way!"

"But there's no way you can do this on you're own." Meggy's stubbornness shown through. "Is that a challenge?" Four nervously replied "Um no?" Meggy stood her ground. "Well I'm going to prove to you that I can do it. Now if you'll excuse me I have a competition to win." Four watched her walk away. Poor Meggy needed help, but if she was too stubborn to take it...

Four sighed and gave up. "Well if she knows what she's doing."

Later at the internet graveyard...

Three was standing outside with Eggdog, who was holding a camera to film the stream. Three was getting irritated as he tapped his foot impatiently. "God. What's taking that squid so long?" All of a sudden Meggy rushed up to him out of breath. "About time scrub!" Meggy panted for a few seconds before she apologized. "Sorry Three. I was busy training and I closed my eyes for a second and when I woke up I was late." Three just rolled his eyes. She had come to help, not give him a stupid story. 

Meggy quickly changed the subject. "Now what is this contraption of yours?" She eyed a wooden platform behind them that had some kind of seesaw. Three explained it to her in great detail. "Well I'm going to stand on one end and you're going to jump off that platform. It will launch me into the air and then I'll do some flips and spins to impress my viewers."

Meggy blinked a few times. "You sure about that?" Three scoffed and said confidently "Absolutely. Just as long as you don't screw it up." He walked over to the platform while Eggdog barked and filmed Meggy who stood on the platform. Her vision was still blurred as she looked down and gulped. "Ready squid. One...Two...Three!" Meggy jumped down but completely missed the platform. Three looked at her bewildered while she rubbed her head in pain. "You know you're supposed to land on the other end. Right?"

Meggy tried a few more times but it still wasn't working as everyone she missed. Three laughed nervously and dressed his viewers. "Don't worry guys. This is totally planned." He then walked over to Meggy furious. "MEGGY WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! I mean I thought I was working with a great athlete here!" Meggy shook her head and said "You are." She then got an idea. As Three got back on the platform Meggy put all her strength into pushing the platform down and yelled "Ta Da!" Three scowled, looking unamused. "Oh. Maybe not. Okay one more try. I'm sure to get it this time!" She got off the seesaw, sending the other side with Three on it with a thud. Three looked dizzy. 

Meggy had gotten back on the platform but her vision was still blurry so she couldn't see that Three wasn't't ready. She took a deep breath and jumped off the platform at full force. Three recovered from his dizziness to immediately see her jumping. "MEGGY WAIT I'M NOT-" He tried to get her to stop but it was too late. She landed perfectly on the seesaw while Three was launched high into the air. "MEGGYYYYYY!!!!!!" As he flew off in the distance Meggy called out "You're welcome!" She walked off happily while Eggdog was in a shock, watching his owner with the camera still filming. This would be one interesting stream alright...

At the castle Four was in his room, watching memes when Three came crashing through the window and hit the wall. Four looked at him confused. "Can I help you...?" Three sighed and said "I think someone else needs you're help." Four's face slipped into annoyance as he knew exactly who Three was going to say. "Meggy?" Three slowly nodded. "Yup." Four sighed and rubbed his temples. "I'll take care of it..."