Unexpected Party

SMG4 just stood there dumfounded on all this till suddenly someone approached him to yell "Surprise!" Turning around he saw exactly who it was. Mario. Of course he should have been SMG4's first guess on who did this. It was always Mario who did these sorts of stupid decisions. Doesn't he know there is a crisis here? (although he still probably wouldn't take it seriously if he knew) Mario approached SMG4 excitedly and said "Mario thew this party just for you." Mario wondered what SMG4 thought and said in a pestering tone "Were you surprised? Were you? Were you?"

"I'll say. I wanted things to be quiet so I could-" Mario with a perplexed look interrupted. "Well that's silly why would Mario's party be quiet. That would be boring." SMG4 annoyed went to go find something to drink and headed off to a table but Mario continued yapping while following him. "You see Mario saw you earlier when you said hello." SMG4 groaned as he grabbed a bottle and poured it into a cup while Mario continued.

"-and Mario didn't want SMG4 to be lonely since our celebration is today and that made Mario so sad. Then Mario had a great idea! Mario should host a spectacular party with all of SMG4's friends." Meggy, SMG3, Melony, Tari, and Boopkins all came while SMG4 was sipping his drink. Then Mario said something he should have regretted 5 seconds later...

"and now SMG4 can hang with his friends all night!" That's when SMG4 realized he had poured a bottle of hot sauce in his cup. That was the last straw as he had tried being friendly all day but was denied of the thing that was most important to him in that moment. That's when he turned around with his face getting red as he made it perfectly clear he was upset. All of them looked confused while Meggy asked "Are you alright SMG4?" He couldn't take it anymore as they all watched him stormed right past them up to his room and slam the door.

"What's his problem?" SMG3 asked confused. Mario went to look at the bottle of hot sauce and poured it on a plate of spaghetti he had saved. He shoved the whole plate into his mouth chewing as they all looked at him disgusted. "What? This is good." Mario replied mouth full of spaghetti and they went back to enjoy the party.

Meanwhile back in SMG4's room...

SMG4 sat in his bed staring at the celling. He could still hear the party going on downstairs. God what an exhausting day. What time was it anyway?  He looked over to check his phone for the time...4:02 AM. He groaned laying back on his bed till suddenly the door opened and Boopkins came in to check on SMG4 but he was still in no mood to see his friends. "Hey SMG4! Mario is starting pin the tail on the donkey. Want to play?" SMG4 looked like he was about to blow a fuse as this was not an appropriate time to have the audacity to ask him to play a game. "NO BOOPKINS! IT'S LATE AND EVERYONE HERE IS CRAZY!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!?"

"It's the eve of the summer solstice celebration. Everyone here has to stay up or they'll miss the rising of the sun." SMG4 rolled his eyes. Like he cared about missing some stupid sunrise. Before Boopkins left he said softly "Try to lighten up SMG4. For your friends." As he shut the door SMG4 just waved his hand mockingly to impersonate Boopkins. He went back to staring up at the ceiling while complaining. "Ugh! Here I thought I would have more time to learn about the elements of harmony but silly me all this ridiculous hAnGiNg oUt has kept me from it." He rolled onto the other side of his bed till he saw the moon through his window. 

He got up calming down a little bit as he watched it in the sky. Concerned he remembers the legend he read earlier... "Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year the stars will aid in his escape and he will bring about everlasting darkness..." Pausing he told himself "I hope SMG1 and SMG2 were right...I hope it really is just an old tale..." 

Suddenly Boopkins came back into SMG4's room excitedly. "Come on SMG4! It's time to watch the sunrise!" SMG4 sighed and though for a second. He had run out of time and the sun was going to come up any minute. He took a deep breath and came out of his room to head over to hall in the middle of town.

"Well...here goes nothing...."