Beware of Desti

Boopkins peeked from behind a building to look at the inkling in the hood. She was still digging in the ground with her foot, but after a few seconds, she wandered off. Boopkins slowly and carefully followed behind, making sure not to give himself away. Desti was heading back to the forest while Boopkins popped out of a bush.

Meanwhile Mario and Four were still pestering each other. "You guys are being ridiculous!" Mario tried to convince Four by saying "Well Mario heard that the squid eats spaghetti." That barely changed his mind. "MARIO YOU EAT SPAGHETTI!!!"

"Yeah, but Mario heard of the evvviillll way she easts it." Meggy suddenly noticed that something...or someone was missing. "Hey! Where's Boopkins?" They then notice Tari in shock. "The door is open." Melony piped up "He went outside!"

"Great. Now that loser is stuck with that creepo squid." Three remarked. "Oh poor Boopkins. Why couldn't he stay put." Meggy and the others only thought of Boopkins being one thing, defenseless. They all raced off while Four called back "You stay here Bob in case Boopkins comes back." He then looks at Luigi, still unconscious on the floor. "Uh...and watch over Luigi." He raced off to catch up with the others. Bob just laughed and started playing his rap song. "SO LONG GAY BOOPKINS!"

Desti walked into the forest while Boopkins stopped at the edge. He took a big gulp and timidly marched into the shadows of the woods. Just when Boopkins had caught up with the presumed evil inkling, a shout was heard from behind them. "BOOPKINS!" Desti turned around to see a gasping Boopkins. He also looked behind him to see an angry Meggy, surrounded by the crew. They were standing in a field of blue flowers. "Beware! Those blue leaves are a joke!" Desti had finally spoken after her complete silence.

Meggy stood in front of Boopkins and yelled out "You keep your cursed words to yourself!" They all screamed angrily at Desti while Four just sighed. "Good lord." Desti just kept shouting beware, disappearing into the fog behind her. Three, trying to act tough, called out "Yeah! Back at you freaky squid!" Now there was someone else to address. "Boopkins! Why couldn't you have just listened to your friends!?" He just looked guiltily at Meggy. "Who knows what kind of curse Desti could have put on you!"

Mario perked up as he remembered words from earlier. "Just like Mario's song!" He started singing his tune and stomping around through all the petals. Four looked unimpressed as he had enough of this tomfoolery. "You guys! There's no such thing as curses!" Three started pushing his way through the flowers, getting right into Four's face. "Well that's interesting to hear from Mr meme guardian himself." He booped Four's nose a little, making a small hint of blush rise from his cheeks. "Our powers comes from the energy within us. It's skill we were born with. Curses are just artificial, fake magic. It's just stupid potions and incantations meant to scare us." Three walked off, mimicking Four silently by waving his hand around and muttering "Blah blah blah."

"But curses have no real power. They're just in stories." He then snapped out of his monologue to find that all his friends had wandered off. Meggy looked at him disapprovingly and said "Just wait Four. You'll see that some stories are true." Seeing how all his efforts had done nothing, he silently headed back.

~Later that night~

Four was asleep in his room at the castle and having a really bad nightmare. In this bad dream of his, Mario's song was echoing around the environment while all his friends had been cursed by that awful Desti. They kept pointing at Four and shouting things to make him feel guilty.

"This is your fault Four!"

"Why didn't you believe us!?"

"I told you that some stories are true!"

"You should have done something!"

"Do you want to hurt us!?"

Four was panicking as all these thoughts swarmed his head. Should he have believed them? Should he have done something differently? Why didn't he listen? He collapsed onto the ground, crying his heart out while the cloaked inkling was laughing manically. Her glowing eyes flooded the view with a bright light, engulfing Four.

To his surprise, Four woke up back in his bed. Sighing, he got up to get dressed and went to the bathroom. When he got to the mirror he noticed that his hair was a mess. Chuckling to himself, he joked "Maybe Desti cursed my hair." He took a brush and fixed his hair, but something didn't feel right. He looked down at his hands, horrified at what was witnessed. His hands were floppy like rubber and covered in blue spots. It completely prevented him from using any meme energy of his. "Or she cursed my powers!"