Mythical Creatures

The crew was still searching (and recovering from that near-death experience) while Three was still mocking Four. "Dude seriously you scream like a girl." He chuckled while Four was just fed up with him. "For the last time Three! I thought I was going to die and it caught me completely off guard."

"I didn't hear the others screaming like that." 

"Three look we have to-"

Before Four could finish his sentence a giant beast stepped in front of them roaring ferociously. All of them said what they all saw right before their eyes. "A MANTICORE!!!" He was blocking the path and there was no other way to go. "We have to get past him." Tari looked concerned. Melony tried to get past the manticore but he met her face to face and growled right in front of her. Melony's cheeks went pale as she ran in the opposite direction and the beast went after her. "Wait..." Tari said quietly but no one heard her. Meggy suddenly stood in the way.

She pulled out her splatshot gun and yelled "Hey! Why don't you pick on someone you're own size!" She jumped on top of him as the manticore was running around shaking to try and get Meggy off. "Wait." Tari said a little more loudly but still nobody heard her. He then stopped at full force sending Meggy flying and hitting the ground. Three was sick of looking at these feeble attempts. "Stop screwing around you idiots!" He took out his bombs and shouted "Here's a rule called YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!" Tari yells "Wait!" at an even louder volume but once again no one is paying attention. Three throws his bombs that explode at the creature but it only makes him more enraged as he takes his tail and hits Three as hard as he can.

"THREE!" Four watched as he landed on the ground in front of him and even looked a little bruised. That was the last straw as all of them prepared to get past that manticore one way or another...

"WAIT!!!" Tari had ran right in front of them to stop them. They all looked at her speechless. "Hold on please..." She turned around and approached the manticore slowly. He raised his paw up ready to swipe but instead Tari rubbed his paw and said softly "It's okay." Her friends were surprised and confused as the creature sniffed her for a few seconds and opened his paw to show a big splinter jabbed in it. He whimpered softly.

"Oh you poor little guy." She petted his hair. "Little? Is this gamer girl serious?" Three spoke with a dumbfounded look. Tari carefully grabbed the splinter while replying "This might hurt for just a second." She pulled the splinter out and the beast roared in pain. "TARI!!!" the others yelled but instead the manticore licked her face while she petted him. 

Standing there for a few seconds the crew then realized they could pass and they all headed off down the path. Four stopped for a second as Tari waved goodbye. "How did you know about the thorn?" Tari replied "I didn't. Sometimes others just need a little kindness." She walked away happily. Four thought to himself for a few seconds as he made a note about it and carried on.

The thorn laid there on the ground till suddenly it started spinning and melted into the very same shadow that continued to follow the crew.

Tari is so sweet. All of the darkest moments. Throughout sadness and danger. Even when all hope seems lost...she remains warm-hearted...