Ambushing the Bandits

The train had just arrived in the western town, but this certainly how the trip was supposed to start. "So let me get this straight. We just got ambushed by a group of bandits called The Miscellaneous Seven, who took the potatoes and now we lost Three, Bob, and Boopkins." They heard the sound of whooshing doors open.

There was no time to waste. All of them rushed out of the train to be met with-

"ONESHOT WREN!"

"Meggy! Pleasure to finally meet you. Welcome to Western Spaghetti!" Meggy really needed to save her friends, but the excitement from meeting her childhood hero had taken over. "OH MY GOD WREN! IT'S SO AMAZING TO MEET YOU! I KNOW ALL YOUR MOVES AND I WEAR YOUR BEANIE EVERYDAY AND-"

Four cleared his throat and said "Ahem. Meggy. We have more important matters on our hands right now." She died down and laughed nervously. "Sorry about that. We need your help Wren-" Wren's expression evolved into a slightly offended expression as he cut her off. "Meggy, are you going to introduce me to these friends of yours?"

"Later Wren. Something terrible has happened and-"

"That's right. Something terrible has happened." She breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh good you know about-"

"You're train was 7 minutes late and you're only staying for a few days. There is so much to show you!" Meggy tried to explain that wasn't what she was talking about, but before she could get a word in, Wren grabbed her arm and dragged her from the train station into town.

He began explaining how the western folk had built this place in the past year. He began bragging "We have all the finest activities here." Wren ran all over town with them, pointing out the western carts and his personal favorite, shooting practices. "I actually moved here for some new friends and old style shooting after being forced out of my splatfest title."

"Could you imagine what this would look like if I controlled this world like it was a simulation..."

Meggy did have to admit it did look like fun. Wait! No! Focus Meggy. "Wren...listen-" He dragged them over to a lively bar and then to the sheriff Swag's office. "SWAG! What are you doing here!?" Swag fixed his hat and said "WELL SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE CARE OF THE DISTURBANCES IN MY TOWN." Chris came out with a similar cowboy hat to Swag's and said "You're town Swag?"

"SHUT UP CHRIS!" While the two began to bicker, Wren dragged them to a spot where guys and gals were dancing "wild" and "mild" dances. "Oh! This is the best part!" He brought them up on top of a cliff and yelled out, loud enough to echo "The most wonderful sight in all of the town. Our potato field."

Meggy facepalmed and said "This is all very nice Wren, but-" He pulled out a potato and munched it. "Mmmm so good you can eat it raw!"

"Wren-"

"Good thing too because we should be digging these up any day now."

"Wren-"

"We need this food to live on. That reminds me. You brought that delivery of potatoes right?"

"WREN!"

He cleared his throat and raised an eyebrow. "Yes?" Meggy took a deep breath and calmly told him "You have a very nice town Wren, but we have a problem. Some of our friends have gone missing!" Tari came up in front of him and said "A group of bandits ambushed the train!" Melony, following the concern, said "They took Bob and Boopkins!" Four informed him "Three went after them!"

Meggy also told him while tapping her index fingers together "And we did have those potatoes for your field, but they took that too!" Suddenly, she noticed that Wren's eyes were widened and his eyebrows had narrowed. "Did you say bandits..." He walked to the edge of the cliff and sighed. "The Miscellaneous Seven want to steal every crop here from us western folk and they sure don't want anything new planted here."

"But why?" Tari politely asked. Wren just sadly shrugged and explained "We've all put in so much work in this land so we can feed our town, families, friends, and now all this food has to go!?" Meggy and Four exchanged worried glances. Something had to be done. Melony then realized someone was missing.

"Uhh guys...where's Mario?"

~On another side of the desert~

Three peaked over one of the boulders. Nothing but sand and rocks. He angrily mumbled to himself "I can't wait to get my hands on that stubby little mushroom." His headache began to flare up again as he rubbed it in pain. "Nobody messes with me and gets away with it!" He only walked a few steps when a mustaches met his face and Mario yelled "Boo!" Three was startled so bad that he lost his balance and fell on the ground. "Mario!"

"Ah man. You caught Mario! Looks like he tricked you and didn't get away with it either! Smg3 is good!' Three placed his dusty glove covered hand over Mario's mouth and shushed him. "What the hell are you doing!? You have to get out of here!" His eyes crossed in a derp like fashion and he replied in an ignorant tone "Mario does?"

"You're gonna blow my cover!" Three whisper shouted. "He is?" Three grumbled while peeking over the rock again. "I'm trying to save Bob and Boopkins!" Mario jumped in front of him and loudly shouted "OOOOO That's what Mario's doing!" Three grabbed him tightly and brought them up, face to face. "AND THE MORE OF US THERE ARE OUT HERE, THE MORE CHANCES OF US BEING-"

Three looked up to see The Miscellaneous Seven surrounding them. "Caught..." Mario looked annoyingly at Three and said "Good job on being so loud! Smg3 gave us away!🙄" A panicked voice cried out "Stop!" The two turned to see two shadows, walking towards them.

"Oh hey guys!"

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?"

Bob told the bandits "Don't worry, we know them. It's okay!" Belle rolled her eyes and said "If you say so." They all took off on their horses as Boopkins waved to his brother. "See you later JubJub!" Three and Mario exchanged glances as Boopkins and Bob took them back to the bandits's camping grounds.