Spreading Smoke

Tari was at her house, feeding her ducks. She sprinkled some breadcrumbs for the ducks to eat and they began fighting each other for the food. Tari calmed them down and said "Not too fast now guys. You don't want to get a tummy ache." Her little comment backfired as the ducks then started sprinting off to play. Tari blinked and shrugged it off. She went to check on her own pet duck, Quackingtion. He seemed alright, but just when Tari turned her back for a second she heard him coughing. "Oh my goodness. Are you alright?" Quackingtion just kept coughing while Tari tried to figure out what could be causing it. Was it something stuck in his throat? Did he need some water?

Tari looked up and instantly saw what the source of the coughing was. A giant, black cloud of smoke was spreading to the Mushroom Kingdom. Could it be coming from a fire? That thought made Tari leap into action. She had to warn her friends as quickly as possible. She made it to a quaint park area of the town. She tried to notify everybody, but they were too busy enjoying the day. Someone leaped out in front of her, causing her to scream. "Don't be such a coward gamer girl. It's just me. Future ball-bouncing record holder!" Don't ask how a record like that exists. Three probably scrolled through the internet to find that one. Mario was watching, easily entertained by this act of complete focus and concentration.

"Mario can break a record too!" Actually, he already did. Most aquatic life killed to be specific. Tari tried to stop him. "This is not the time for breaking a record. It's a time for panic and-" Mario then piped up "Ooooo Mario should break a ball bouncing record as well." One problem though. He didn't have a ball. He searched around, but the only ball available was the one Three was using. Tari kept trying to explain to Mario the situation. "There's smoke, and where there's smoke, there is fire and-" Before Tari could finish Mario made a mad dash for Three. Mario tried to snatch the ball while asking Three "Hey SMG3 can Mario have your ball?" Three, trying his best not to break his concentration replied "No Mario! Can't you see I'm busy?" Mario didn't listen and tried to reach for the ball. This broke Three's concentration which gave Mario the window of opportunity to grab the ball.

"Yippee! Now Mario can be a record holder!" Three was furious. All that work gone down the drain. "MARIO! GIVE THAT BACK! I HAVE TO START OVER NOW!" He pulled a bomb out and Mario got the hint. "Oh boy! SMG3's mad at Mario!" He ran off with Three giving chase. "COME BACK HERE YOU IDIOT!" Tari was getting more and more scared. "Oh please this is an emergency I need everyone to-"

"Listen up!" Tari and everyone else turned to see Four with Boopkins by his side. "Smoke is spreading all over the Mushroom Kingdom!" Everyone looked up to see the smoke and started freaking out. "That's what iv'e been trying to-" Tari tried to point out she was the one trying to alert them first, but Four just continued on. "Don't worry everyone. I just got word from One and Two that it is not coming from a fire." Everyone breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness." Here came the bad news. "It's coming from a dragon." Tari gasped. "A d-d-dragon..."

Apparently, a meme that lived up in the mountains was causing this commotion. To make matters worse, the meme was a dragon. The six friends had gathered at the castle to discuss what to do. "What in the world is a dragon doing here?" Meggy questioned. Four replied while packing "Sleeping." They all looked at him with confused faces. "According to One and Two, he's taking a nap. His snoring is what's causing all this smoke." Mario looked concerned. "Mario thinks he should see a doctor." Melony tried to look on the bright side. "Well at least he's not snoring fire. What are we meant to do about it."

Three spares no expense with his response. "I'll tell you what we do. We beat him out of there." He demonstrates it by trying to tackle Four, but he ducks and Three crashes into the wall. Four helps him up and says "We need to encourage him to take a nap somewhere else." He started to monologue to make a point. "One and Two have given us this mission and we must not fail. If we do, the Mushroom Kingdom will be covered in smoke for the next 100 years." Tari looked frightened. Melony was more concerned about her sleep schedule. "How am I going to get my beauty sleep now?" Four took his bag and flung it over his shoulders. "Alright everyone I need you all to get supplies quickly. We've got a long journey ahead us so let's meet back in a hour." Three wanted to take charge so he butts in. "Alright guys! Do we have what it takes!" Everyone cheered and headed back to pack. Tari was still unsure about this. She had something to tell them, but she couldn't work up the courage to bring it up.