Getting out of hand

The warm fireplace was crackling as Meggy roasted the marshmallows over it. When they were light and fluffy, she brought them to the kitchen to be made into s'mores. Melony placed the chocolate and graham crackers neatly. "Done!" Melony and Four sat back to admire their work. "Wow! That looks good." Meggy didn't see what the big deal was as she just shrugged it off and stuck the whole thing in her mouth. Melony watched her snarf down the whole thing, a little disgusted by it.

While Melony was annoyed by Meggy's lack of manners, Four went back to his phone and checked off the s'mores. "The next fun activity is truth or dare!" A demand for Meggy quickly popped into Melony's head. "I dare Melony to do something nice and neatly for a change." Meggy retorted back "Oh yeah? Well I dare you to lighten up and stop getting emotional about every little detail...for a change."

They started to get into their faces as Melony said, sticking a finger in Meggy's face "I think the truth here is that someone could have a little more heart." Four watched from the sidelines while Meggy also pointed a finger in Melony's face. "AND I think the truth is somebody needs to quit fussing so we can get things done!" Four tried to calm them down while googling something one his phone. "Hold on. I don't think this is how the game works. You have to give an honest answer to any question or do whatever anyone dares you to do." Meggy got a smug idea as she turned to Melony with a grin. "I dare you to step outside and freeze to death!" Melony gasped and Four said "You have too. It's the rules."

"Hah!" Melony trudged off muttering "Fine..." She opened the door, only to be met with a wave of rain that buried her in water. She instantly shut the door, shaking and soaked to the brim. Meggy was trying to hold back her laughter, but Melony approached her. "I dare you to dress up in a cute princess dress!" Melony's gasp had made its way to Meggy as she silently went to throw on the stupid outfit. She returned, covered head to toe in bows and frilly layers. Melony went back to happiness as she made a cute squeak. "Can I have my turn now?" Four spoke up, but was interrupted by Meggy.

"I dare you to enter the next splatfest!"

"I dare you not to enter the next splatfest!"

"I dare you to not sleep so much!"

"And I dare you to take a nap! Sleep is important!"

"Not if you do it a gazillion times!"

"I do not!"

"Do too!"

Four was getting really uncomfortable. This was escalating waaayyy too much. "How about we check off truth or dare and move on. Next up...pillow fight?" Melony certainly didn't want to participate in that. "I'm not doing that! Pillows are for snuggling not throwing!" She instantly got attacked by a pillow that was thrown into her face. She looked up to see Meggy with a pile of pillows. "That's it." Melony didn't care for what she was about to do. She picked up the pillow and threw it back. Meggy upped her game by hurling multiple pillows from her pile. They all smacked Melony in the face and she kicked them back. Meggy dodged them and aggressively launched them up into the air.

Back and forth this went on as it was like a minefield out there. Case in point, Four watched, thinking it was still a silly game. "How fun!" He then got smacked by a bunch of pillows, causing his to slam into the floor. He picked up his head, eyes spinning while replying a dizzy tone "Maybe we should turn this down a little." Meggy was still throwing and dodging pillows while letting out a quick "I will if she will." Melony was also doing the same. "She started it. Justice for pillows!"

This battle was only getting worse. Luckily Four shared those feelings when he came out of a pile of pillows, spitting out feathers. "How about we just call it a night and get some sleep?" This sleepover was certainly not going the way that he had hoped it would.

They all laid out their sleeping bags in front of a lantern in the main hall. Each one fitted to their unique personalities. Four was sound asleep and you'd think Melony would be sleeping peacefully as well but she wasn't. Why? Because she was still arguing with Meggy. "Keep your muddy boots in your sleeping bag." Meggy grimaced. "I'm not even wearing them right now and they're not even muddy."

"They were. There might still be some on them." Without thinking for a second, Meggy grabbed one of the boots that was with her clothes and shoved it into Melony's face. "There isn't. SEE!" Melony, startled, turned to the other side of her sleeping bag, trying to ignore Meggy. That apparently infuriated her as she stuck her leg out and kicked Melony's sleeping bag. She sighed and got out, pushing Meggy aside. "Get out of the way. I have to fix my sleeping bag." That force caused Meggy to tumble out of her sleeping bag. Even though Melony was still mad, she decided to make fix Meggy's sleeping bag because she felt bad. Meggy rolled her eyes and was about to get in till Melony stopped her.

"Don't do it like that. Watch." She gently and carefully slipped into her sleeping bag and nuzzled into her pillow. Meggy grabbed Melony's sleeping bag and said "That's not happening." In a furious tone she stole Melony's sleeping bag, leaving her on the cold hard floor. "You did that on purpose!" Meggy raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. So?" Melony got up and stomped her foot on the ground. "Give it back." "I'm not giving anything back." Melony grabbed the other end of the bag and began pulling. "Let go!" They both tussled with the sleeping bag with neither grip slipping.