The Rare Idiot

Tari had made it to the bog with all the ducks that were soon going to reside there, yet something didn't feel quite right. Well let's not worry about that now and get back to the determined man who is to figure out this strange ability in his best friend.

Mario was going on with his life without a care in the world while someone was watching him from the bush. Four was snapping some pictures with his camera while writing down notes. To get into character, he wore that safari hat from when he and Mario went on that research trip.

"Four?"

"AHHH!"

He jumped from the sudden sound that came from none other than Boopkins himself. He hid back in the bush and pulled Boopkins in with him. "Honestly don't you know better than to sneak up on others like that!?" The fish profusely apologized, but then had a slight hint of confusion. "Sorry...but isn't that what you're doing?"

"NO! I'm doing research by observing Mario, scientific name, Homo Nintendonus in its natural habitat." Boopkins popped through the leaves, unaware on what exactly that meant. "Homo who-nus?" Four quickly shushed him and whispered "There's something going on with that prediction thing and I'm getting to the bottom of it." He then realized that Mario had already left while they were talking. "Hurry, the homo is on the move!"

They watched as Mario was rolling around in Luigi's garden at his house. He stopped as the big nose on his face started to itch. "Take this down, itchy nose." Boopkins wrote it down in the notepad while Mario's face melted into concern. He realized what was going to happen and ducked behind a tree to take shelter. "Ah hah! That makes no sense! He's hiding like something is going to fall from the sky, but an itchy nose doesn't say that!"

While Four was still jabbering on, Boopkins and Mario saw that it wasn't something from the sky, but an angry swarm of bees. They turned and saw the man in the bushes as they yelled "YOU PICKED THE WRONG HOUSE FOOL!" and headed straight for him. "This proves that-" Boopkins ran away screaming while Four looked perplexed. "Boopkins where are you going? I'm trying to teach you-" It was too late as multiple courses of pain jolted through his body from bee stings.

They had caught up to Mario once again, but this time Four was covered in bandages. "What is he doing now?"

"Playing with a chain chomp." Boopkins gasped and said "I wonder what that could mean." Four rolled his eyes and mumbled "Probably that he's stupid."He then zoomed in on the camera and told Boopkins to take this combo down. "Ear flop, eye flutter, knee twitch." Boopkins got scared as he turned towards a door that was near them. "Hold on. That means watch out for opening doors..." He went and hid while Four couldn't believe it.

"You really believe this stuff don't you Boopkins! Here, I'll show you there's nothing to be afraid of." He walked over to the door and leaned against it. "You see? I promise there is noting that-" He started walking along till another door opened from the ground and Four hit every step that the door led to. Depresso was doing stand up comedy to rats when he saw him and yelled "Hey get out of my creepy basement!"

The investigation still went on even when Four now had two broken arms. Boopkins pretty much had to use the camera and take notes since Four was in no condition for any of that. "Okay...take this down. Shaking butt..." Boopkins screamed even louder this time as Four quickly hushed him. "Shhhh! We can't let Mario know were here!" Boopkins ran off in a panic yelling "SOMETHING'S GONNA FALL! SOMETHING'S GONNA FALL!" Four groaned and said "Seriously Boopkins. You're just overreac-" Once agin the expected prediction stopped Four in the middle of his sentence as a bunch of boxes will heavy stuff collapsed on him. "I KNEW A FLYING MOVING TRUCK WAS A CRAPPY IDEA!" Bob said.

Mario was playing around until he noticed Meggy and Luigi. "Hey guys! Whatcha doinnnn?" They waved to him and Luigi said "Taking some more flowers to my garden. What are you doing?"

"Letting Smg4 secretly follow Mario all day without him knowing!"

"YOU WHAT!?"

The three of them turned to find a bruised and banged up Four that also looked so furious that you could almost see the fire in his eyes."You mean you knew this entire time! Why didn't you tell me!?" Mario giggled and said "Silly Smg4! That would have spoiled the secret!" Four's eye really started to twitch now as he tried to use every fibre in his being to not punch the stupid fatso. Boopkins came out shaking. "Are you still twitching..." Mario shook his head. "Nope."

Suddenly Mario got a massive shutter. "What does that one mean?" Mario studied it carefully as he couldn't really tell. "Don't know. Mario has never gotten anything like it, but whatever it is it's a doozy. Something you never expect to happen is gonna happen."

The others looked with wide eyes while Four just ignored the rising tension. He had about had it for the day and was ready to throw in the towel. "And it's going to happen at the bog!" Meggy gasped "That's where Tari was heading! Is she okay!?" Mario shrugged and replied with an unhelpful "Mario doesn't know." Meggy pulled her beanie tighter on her head and said "We better go and check on her." They all raced off while Four tried to lecture them.

"Calm down everyone. I'm sure that Mario just got a case of the shivers and that's all." He found himself sitting all alone as his attempt failed and he facepalmed himself. Boopkins raced after his three friends when he found Four was running along with them. "Four? But I thought you didn't believe in this."

"I don't. I just want to be there to see the look on Mario's face when we find out that nothing's wrong." He looked at Mario with a smug grin while the Italian nodded and said "Okey dokey." Part of him did actually have concern for his friend, but this shivering couldn't possibly be a sign for something terrible...right?