Exploring

After we woke up the next day we set out to finish our house using the advice that Rocky had given us, it didn't take long because all that was left was some interior things and a little bit more roofing. After we finished we went throughout the village for a nice walk and said hello to our new neighbourhood, we made many new friends and soon had many people who would come to our wedding, we also had a priest to do the marriage. The next day we went out to the chief to see what our work was going to look like for the rest of the week, it was what had been advised to us by one of our new friends. "Well, Carson I do believe that Rocky's roof needed a few repairs, and there is a large growth of weeds in the garden and throughout our newest addition to the village, our park. "We have a park!?" We both asked in unison excited that there would be an amazing addition to relax in. "We never saw it on our walk" I told the Chief. "Then again... We did only go through half of the village..." "Exactly, it is a stellar place to relax on your break day, which you two will get on Monday" "Do we also get Sunday's off?" "Well of course, here we always take breaks on Sunday's and Saturdays, plus your break day. It was the rules given out by the Head Master, he is in an even greater position than me, his house is the temple and he always gives the commands, what he says goes, I am nearly an enforcer of his rules" "Wow... Was he just always that high of a rank?" No, in this village we have a form of democracy, we vote for almost everything important" "I see... When is the next voting going to happen for the Head Master?" "Oh... Probably in about a month" "Hmmm... Maybe we would be good at that I said looking towards Sally" "Maybe Carson, but remember, we just got here, it's not likely that it will happen, besides we have a wedding to plan, it's next Sunday!" "Ok, ok.. Just a thought" "Anyway, you Carson may fix the roof of your neighbours house, and Sally you can weed, that will take you most likely to the end of the day then you will have a three day break, because of the days off on Saturday and Sunday, then your break day is next" "Thank you Chief, we will see you at the wedding? Why of course, I would love to come, thank you for inviting me" "See you then! I said to him as me and Sally walked out the door" we went about and did our work and when we where done we sat at our house and watched the sunset Beyond the mountains... "What a beautiful sight, I said to Sally" " It is isn't it? It's even more special because I get to spend it with you" Now looking into each other's eyes overcome with emotion we kissed.