2 - MELISSA

Melissa

"You need a boyfriend this year, babe." I look at him in confusion. I needed a boyfriend? Hell, I had one . . . somewhat.

"What, Jason? Are you telling me that I'm lonely and that you're tired of being my date to everything?" I start to laugh, thinking how Jason and I did everything together. I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I'm saying that you're way too pretty and smart not to have one. I'm sure you're tired of me being your default date."

I look at him not sure rather to be overjoyed that he considers me both pretty and smart, or be upset that he considers himself a default date. He is never my default date. He has always been my only choice.

*****

I step outside on Jason's front porch at eleven at night. I sit in the rocking chair and stare at the moving truck. I had called him multiple times throughout the night and left so many text messages for him. Some of them were sweet. Some were mean as hell. Some were downright begging him to call, or at the very least send a message to me. I had cried myself to sleep a couple times today. I had just gotten up twenty minutes ago.

Jason's parents told me that I can stay with them, until I'm ready to go home. I guess that they feel sorry for me. Hell, I feel sorry for myself. All I've been doing is crying my eyes out. Cameron hasn't called me at all. I did call him, but he didn't answer. He must have known that he was going to get bitched out. I understand that he told me that he was going to do it his way, but I didn't think he would be such an asshole about it.

I blink back my tears, and I take a quick glance at my phone. No matter how many times I look at the screen, it's the same. No Cameron. No Jason. No Kerri. Yes, I'm upset with Kerri, but I thought that she would have called me to gloat about having the last say. I was wrong for telling Terrance her secret, and I should have known that Kerri wasn't going to just leave it as that.

Terrance pulls up in the drive way and gets out the car. I have been expecting Terrance, since Jason drove off. I want to go with him to Atlanta. I know that Terrance will be against it, considering that I am his least favorite person. Terrance walks up the steps and doesn't look at me as he walks into Jason's house. He thinks that he can just ignore me and get the keys for the truck from Jason's father, but I have the keys. He's not going anywhere without me.

I stand up and make my way to the truck. I could have just drove the truck there myself, but I didn't want Terrance to warn Jason that I'm on my way. I don't know exactly what I will say to Jason when I see him, but I have to at least have a face to face talk with him. It's driving me completely insane that he doesn't talk to me.

"Hey, Mel!"

I turn around to Terrance's voice just as I reach the truck. I know that he doesn't want me to go with him. I'm not sure if he feels like this, because of his hatred for me . . . Or because Jason's hatred for me. Regardless of whoever hates me more, I'm going to go to Atlanta to go see my husband.

"Give me the keys. Jason is expecting me."

"I'm going." I open the door and climb inside the big U-Haul. I'm not trying to hear anything that he is saying. I close the door, leaving Terrance on the porch with an angry expression on his face.

He rushes towards the truck and flings open the passenger's door. "Get out, because you're not going with me. I'm not driving anywhere with your pregnant ass."

I fold my arms over my chest and just look at him. Yes, this is definitely hatred on his part. "Then, you're not going. He's my husband."

"You didn't treat him like a fucking husband, when you decided to fuck that dude."

"I don't think that's any of your damn business."

"Get out the fucking truck." Terrance growls at me.

I stare ahead of myself, ignoring him. Terrance doesn't scare me at all.

"He doesn't want to see you. You don't get that?" He continues with frustration in his voice.

"You men are such fucking hypocrites. He went and did who knows what with Diamond and no one is paying attention to that. He's been talking to Leslie all this time, giving out promises and selling dreams to that hoe. But no . . . You and him want to discuss how I made one simple mistake." I roll my eyes. "I'm going. You can tell Jason that if he wants to see his shit, that I'm riding shot gun. Hell, I could scoot over and you can stay your evil ass here."

I don't know exactly when I became the person that I am right now, but this me doesn't take shit from anyone. I know I have done wrong, but I refuse for my husband try to justify it into a divorce. He acts like he didn't do anything to push me into Cameron's arms. Hell, he said that I pushed him into Diamond's bed. He has a free pass . . . and now we're going to make our marriage work and pray that this baby is his.

Terrance walks at an incredibly slow pace to the driver's side of the truck. When he opens the door, he gives me an angry glare. I don't really care. I roll my eyes at him and look out the window. He can hate me all that he wants as long as he gets us to our destination. Terrance gets inside the truck, still mean mugging the hell out of me.

Truthfully, I couldn't go to the place by myself, because I don't know the exact address. Jason was going to give me the address, when we got out of Illinois and stop someplace to eat. So, Terrance is my last resort. I'm not telling him that though, because I don't need him to try to be clever and get me out the truck.

Terrance shakes his head as I hand him the keys for the truck. He snatches the keys out of my hand. I know that he will most likely send Jason a text, or something. I really don't care. I just want to see my baby. I miss him so much.

"The first time that we have to stop somewhere and you have to use the restroom, I'm leaving your ass in that state." He says with a serious tone in his voice.

I just look at him. If he thinks that he will do me like that, he has another thought coming. Jason will beat his ass, and he knows this as well as I do.