24 - JASON

Jason

I run the soapy mesh sponge over Ashlee's back. She giggles a little, turning around to look at me. We're taking a shower together, before I have to take her to work. She had told me that she never took a shower with a guy before. Mel and I used to always take showers together. Damn . . . I wish that she would stop invading my thoughts. I can't go more than a couple hours without her taking over my thoughts.

The knock at the door startles me and brings me back to earth.

"Jas, how long are you going to be? I have to take a piss?" Terrance's voice comes through the door.

I sigh deeply and try to focus on Ashlee. When I came home and saw Terrance's cousin's beat down car in front of my building, I was in shock. He didn't tell me that he was going to come to Atlanta. He also didn't share with me that he was going to propose to Kerri. I'll be lying if I said that I wasn't a little jealous. How is it that these two can get their shit together? Weren't they more fucked up than Mel and I?

"We're coming out now, man." I say, but I'm sure my voice didn't sound loud enough. I give Ashlee an apologetic smile. "This is why we need to stick to hotel rooms."

She gives me a bright smile. "It's fine. I have to get ready for work anyway."

I watch her as she carefully steps out the tub and grabs a towel nearest to us. She wraps it around her body, successfully covering up her assets.

"Are we still doing a late dinner tonight?" I ask her, getting out the tub myself. She hands me a towel and I wrap it around my waist.

Ashlee stands in front of the mirror, pulling her hair into a bun. I watch as it drips a little. She looks at me through the mirror and begin grinning. She is so happy all the time. You would think by now that her positive attitude would rub off on me. Instead, I'm still a miserable person. I force a smile as I hear a loud knock on the door.

"Let's get out of here, before Terrance breaks my door." I grab her hand and unlock the bathroom door. Terrance pushes pass us and closes the door without saying a word. We walk to my room hand in hand. "So, what time do you get off tonight?"

"I told you already, baby. You're so forgetful. I get off tonight at eleven."

When we enter my bedroom, I close the door behind us. Ashlee goes right to my dresser and picks her lotion up and begins to put lotion on her legs. It feels like she lives with me. I don't remember exactly when all her items ended up in my place, but it makes me feel a bit paranoid. I swallow hard, watching her as she takes the towel from her body to rub the lotion on the rest of her body. She glances at me and smiles a little.

I count how many things she has on my dresser. She has a few items on my dresser. Hair spray, lotion, perfume, some make up, and deodorant. I try not to appear freaked out by her things taking over my dresser. I walk over to my dresser and open up the drawer. First thing I see are a few panties and bras set that's on top my boxers.

I turn around to look at my girl. Every since we became official and had sex, I'm suddenly feeling like maybe we are moving too fast. Then, I think that I'm just tripping. Hell, I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm hoping it's just nerves, but it can't be that. When Mel and I moved in together, I was more than ready for it. One could even use the term excited. My feelings for Ashlee aren't the same for what I felt for Mel. What I still feel for her.

I push her panties to the side and grab a pair of boxers, deciding that I'm just going to let all this ride. Ashlee is happy, and I guess I'm happy as well. I feel Ashlee breasts on my back as she leans over me to grab a pair of matching panties and bra out the drawer. She lightly kisses my back, before continuing to get ready.