59 - MELISSA

Melissa

I didn't hold last night at the party against him, because I understood that he was drinking and having fun. "Did you do something that you didn't tell me?"

Jason looks at me briefly and shakes his head. "No. You're the only girl I was touching on last night. It's just that . . ." He makes eye contact with me. "I woke up this morning thinking to myself that if you did half the crap I did last night, I would have kicked everybody out my house. Seriously. You didn't snap out and act all crazy. You just went with the flow and stood there watching me disrespect you."

I look down at the roses. I'm not the type of girl to get all loud in a person's face. That's why I have Kerri. She's my mouth piece in situations like that, but she was in her own world last night. She was too caught up with Antonio to pay attention to Jason. I play with the rose petals with my fingers and shift my gaze to Jason. He is still staring at me.

"This is my way of apologizing. I half expected you to curse me out this morning. You know you like to let me have it, when there are no witnesses." He jokes with a tiny smile on his face. "You like people to think you're quiet and sweet, but I know better. My baby will put her foot in my ass when I fuck up."

*****

It's around nine o'clock at night, when I hear Jason come through the font door. I get up from the rocking chair that's in the nursery. I turn the radio off and head toward the living room. Shit is about to go down.

I didn't call him once he felt the need to hang up on me. He purposely got upset with me, so that he can go spend time with that bitch. I didn't come all the way to Atlanta to look like a damn fool. I thought that we agreed to work on this marriage, but all he's doing is fucking with my emotions. Not only that, but he's pretending to accept everything with my pregnancy.

I turn the corner in the hall and stalk towards the kitchen the moment that I hear him in there. I hope his hungry ass didn't think I cooked for him. There's no way that I was going to cook for him, while he's out cheating on me. I step into the kitchen to find Jason fixing himself a bowl of cereal. Jason glances at me, briefly, but then goes back to his cereal.

"Oh, so you think that you can walk into this house whenever you want to?"

"Not at all." He goes in search for a spoon.

"I'm going back to Chicago. This is bullshit. Every single time that I come home with your ass, you act like this! This is the second time you treat me like I'm just a fucking accessory in your life."

"Mel, you're not going home." He looks at me, taking his fitted cap off. "Can we not argue tonight?"

I glare at him for a few seconds, before noticing that the cheesecake is next to him on the counter. I walk over to where he is standing and grab the cheesecake. I throw it across the kitchen. I snatch his bowl of cereal out of his hands, before he can respond, and throw it in his face.

Jason freezes for a moment, with his mouth wide opened. I stand directly in front of him with my arms crossed, watching as the milk drips from his face onto the floor. He licks his lips a little and takes his shirt off. He wipes his face with his shirt and pushes me out the way, walking over to the mop.

"You can't eat shit in this house!" I grab the rest of the cereal like a crazy woman and throw it all on the floor. I do the same for the milk. I pour it all on the floor, not giving a damn that I will most likely have to clean this mess up. "You think you can come in the house and eat, after buying some fucking cheesecake!" I scream at him, angrily.

Jason looks at me, trying to find his words. "Well, damn . . . I won't buy anymore fucking cheese cake, if it's going to make you act like a damn lunatic."

"Don't be a fucking asshole!" I scream as loudly as I can as I throw a jar of pickles at his ass.

Jason quickly moves out the way. I watch as the glass falls to the ground and shatter in pieces. The juice from the pickles hit Jason's clothing and shoes. Jason drops the mop, eyeing the mess that I've created. He looks back at me with hurt in his eyes. I hate when he tries to play so fucking innocent. I'm not going this time around.

"I'm leaving your ass." I repeat my words from earlier, because the first time that I said it, he didn't really have a reaction. I figured after fucking up his shoes and our kitchen, he will now see I'm dead serious.

"You can take your ass in the other room and sleep that shit off, because you're not going any fucking where." He says, calmly, mopping up the milk and pickle juice. "Why you have to be so fucking difficult to love?" He narrows his eyes at me.

I wave him off and turn on my heels. "The same reason that you're a fucking hoe. You want me to stop being difficult, you stop being a damn hoe." I walk out the kitchen, heading to the bedroom to pack. Fuck him. I don't need him, or Cameron.

"What the hell are you talking about? I haven't cheated on you, since Diamond!" Jason comes up behind me, grabbing my arm. He turns me around to face him. "What are you talking about!" He is screaming at me.

"Let me go!" I scream back at him.

"Tell me what you are talking about? All day today, you've been tripping. Throwing shit at me, the moment that I step into the house. What the fuck is wrong?" He squeezes my arm a little. "What is it?"

"You and Ashlee." I try to hold back my tears, because I don't want him to see the affect he has on my emotions. "I heard you two on the phone last night with you complaining about my baby. You know, I didn't ask for this. You came to me and told me that you are okay with this."

Jason maintains eye contact with me. "I'm not cheating on you with her. I'm not cheating on you at all. I swear on my life that I'm faithful to you, Mel. All I do is go to school, job searching, and interviews. That's it. I promise."

I look away from him. He sounds like he is telling the truth, but it still leaves the fact that he still has Ashlee deep in his life. The tears fall from my eyes.

"I'm not cheating." He says again. "We're just friends."

"If you're so bitter about this child not being yours, you shouldn't have told me that you will accept it all." I look back into his eyes. "You shouldn't be discussing our problems with her. It's bad enough to do it with Terrance and Kerri, but with her?"

"So, if I came to you and told you that I felt a certain type of way with you being pregnant and that whole ultrasound thing, what would you have done?"

"I would have talked it over with you." I respond, honestly. "I just want my marriage, Jason. That's all I've ever wanted. If you can't talk to me about what's in your heart, why are we trying?"

"I just don't want to hurt you, babe."

"How is that working out?" I wipe my tears with my free arm. "I know that this is hard, because I've been where you are with Leslie. I know that it's not easy, but I'm hoping that we can work together. And if you don't think that you can accept that it might not be your baby girl I'm carrying, then you need to let me go. I don't appreciate you talking with the girl across the hall about your feelings."

"I will accept it." He says, quietly. "I told you that I just didn't want to stress you out, or hurt you. But Mel, you can't just throw the fucking kitchen at me, when you're upset."

I sniffle, looking down at the floor.

"I'm thinking that you're actually pissed about me getting some cheesecake." He gives a light chuckle, causing me to look up at his eyes. "I'm like damn, ain't no more cheesecake coming in this house again. Ever."

I laugh, knowing that I probably did sound a bit foolish.

"Girl, I love you and I want this just as badly as you want it. I've missed you so much, when we weren't talking. I'm not willing to risk this shit for any girl. Trust that." He lets go of my arm and kisses me on the lips, gently.

I kiss him back and look into his eyes, smiling sadly. We have so much damage control to do in our relationship, because of all the shit that we had put each other through. I really don't know how I feel about him being friends with Ashlee, but I'll figured it out later. I just feel that he barely has time for me, how will he have time for new friends?