73 - MELISSA

Melissa

"Boy . . . " I walk away from him, switching hard. I know that he's looking at my ass. I look over my shoulder. "You're going to have to beg to get it."

Jason grins, running up behind me and holding me in his arms. "You like when I beg for it?"

"Mmmhhmm." I giggle some more.

We continue walking to the car with him walking behind me. I turn to look at his face and the smile on his face. I don't know what was wrong with him a few minutes ago, but he seems to be okay right now.

"I love you more, baby." Jason says.

"I love you more." I say loudly, like it's an announcement that I'm making to the world.

"I said it first, woman!" Jason says louder than me, causing to break out in laughter. "I love you more! Women always have to have the last word."

I turn around in his arms and walk backwards. "Because I love you more, Jason Scott!" I try to get louder than him.

Jason shakes his head as bystanders just look at us like we're crazy.

"Hush and let's get home, so that you can give me that act right."

*****

I lay in the bed in the nude, underneath the covers. I close my eyes, feeling a bit tired. Jason is in his old bedroom, tucking Jessica in and probably reading her a book. He had told me to get comfortable, and he will join me soon.

Because we had to come home to Chicago for Kerri's wedding, we're sleeping at his parents' house. Which means that we are in our very first place together, his basement. It brings back a lot of fond memories. Just three years and some months ago, we were starting off for the first time. Now we have our own place and pay our own bills. Life is pretty damn good.

It's hard to believe that Jason and I have been married for three years and four months. That first year nearly killed us with all the crap that was going on. The mistakes I made were quite horrible. Not to mention his sneaky little fuck ups. It's hard to believe that we had overcame all that.

Last time I spoke to Cameron, was when telling him that Jessica is not his baby. It felt so good to finally get rid of him and focus on Jason and Jessica. I don't even think about Cameron, or ask about him. I'm sure with him all is well.

The bedroom door opens, and I already know it's Jason. I continue to lay on my side, with a smile creeping on my face. In the words of my best friend, Kerri, I love my husband hard.

"Please tell me that you're not sleep." He mumbles under his breath.

"I'm up."

I feel him getting into the bed with me and the moment that he puts his arms around my body, I can tell that he took all his clothes off. Although we have a child, Jason still likes for us to sleep in the nude. I turn around in his arms and kiss his lips, softly.

"She had me read her that story about ten times. I'm like damn, baby girl, we know that the frog found it's way back to the pond. Are you seriously going make me read this whole book to you again." He chuckles a little. "I love her so much. She's so spoiled."

"Your fault." I throw my leg on his body, like I'm always doing. I wouldn't be able to sleep well, if I wasn't all over him.

"My fault that both my babies are spoiled, huh?" He kisses my forehead.

I smile to myself, closing my eyes. "Yes."

"Hey, Mel . . . " I prop my head up, resting my chin on his chest to look at his face. "You looked so pretty tonight. I'm sure that I didn't get the chance to tell you that with everything going on, but damn, Mel . . . "

I blush, laying my head back on his chest. "Shut up, silly."

"I'm serious. You almost made me have a heart attack. I was like damn . . . I put a ring on that three years ago?"

I continue to giggle at him being silly. "Three years and four months ago, ass."

"I know when we got married. Valentine's weekend three years ago. One of my favorite days in my life. When we make it to ten years, I want us to get remarried and do it the right way, babe."

"Do you think that we will make it?" I lift my head up off his chest and lay on the same pillow as him, so that I can make eye contact with him.

I throw the last of the garbage away and stand there looking at him. I look nervously at the table. I always feel so awkward when no one is around us. I glance at his face to find he's staring at me.

"Happy Birthday, Melly baby." He shows me a box that he was holding in his hands.

I stand still keeping my eyes on him. He walks slowly towards me. I can hear our song playing in the distance. I smile at him as he stands inches away from me.

"You're so cheesy, Jas."

"I know."

He opens the box and pulls out a ring. I stare at it speechless.

"I've been saving for this, since your last birthday. It's a promise ring."

"What are you promising me?" I can't take my eyes off the ring. I watch him take the ring out the box.

"Me."

I still can't look in his eyes. I feel my eyes filling up with tears. Jason puts his hand under my chin, and I lift my face to him.

"You?"

"Yeah, me and you forever, Mel. I promise." He holds the ring up showing me the words inside. "It says . . ." He swallows hard, before continuing. "Always and forever." He slips the ring on my wedding finger.

"Wow. Big promise." I bite my bottom lip, looking into his eyes.

"Don't doubt me, Mel. I know I can keep that promise."

"I don't."

I stand on my toes and kiss his lips gently. He puts his arms around my body. We dance slowly to our song playing. Jason murmurs to the words to the song as we sway from side to side.

"I love you, Jason."

"I love you more, Mel."

I dance slowly in his arms staring at his face. He gives me new feelings every day. Giving me this promise ring is just taking it to a whole new level of love. Every time I think Jason can't get any better he proves me wrong. I love him so much.

Jason brushes my hair from in front of my face with his fingers. He scoots a little closer to me, making sure there's no space between us. "I know we will. We've made it this far with all your doubts. I don't plan on letting you go out of my life anytime too soon, so I know that we will be okay."

I stare into his gorgeous eyes, knowing that he is telling the truth. "Well, I don't plan on ever letting you go either."

I just really need this man in my life. I just need him in my life like I need water to live. He is my air, my water, my nutrition, my everything in this entire world that makes me who I am. I had finally gotten the man of my dreams. It's crazy, because four years ago, we were just getting our feet wet trying to become more than friends. Then, when life seem so perfect, a lot of drama hit us all at once. I truthfully didn't think that we would survive any of that stuff. I thought I would have to let him go. Well, right now he's in my arms holding me.

He strokes my back, focusing on me. I know exactly what's on his mind. I smile and shake my head a little. Jason lifts my leg up a little, so that it's resting around his waist. He leans in and kisses my lips, greedily. I pull the covers over our heads, giggling like crazy.

The End. :( *wiping tears*

Continue to scroll for more Adventures of Cupid!!