27 - CAMERON

Cameron

I've never really saw myself settling down with just one girl. I've never thought that a girl could take my heart and own it. Hell, I've never thought I would be willing to give someone my heart so freely. It's something about her that has me wanting to be the best that I can be for her.

When I stepped to Melissa, I knew that she had mixed feelings about us being together. I knew the day she moved into my place that she wasn't sure if she was making the right decision. I almost lost her the day that her home girl showed up, trying to take her back to Atlanta. Through it all, she decided to stay and try with me.

I've been noticing that she might be actually feeling her words, when she says she loves me. At first, it used to sound so rehearsed. Lately, she's been having a smile on her pretty face, when saying the words. She worries about me when I'm out. The girl cooks dinner and looks after me and my well being. I ain't had this in my life, since my mom was around. Man, it feels good to have someone as special as her in my corner. Now I understand why her ex used to jumped through hoops to have her in his life. If anyone tries to take her from me, I'd probably kill them.

I walk through the front door, after making one of my many runs. I smile a little as I think about what she had said over the phone. She asked me to wake her up, because she wanted some dick. I toss my keys on top of the cocktail table and head to the master bedroom. I find her sleeping peacefully, squeezing her body pillow. She had me buy her this pillow three weeks back. She needs to hold on to something, when she's sleeping. When I'm away, it was hard for her to sleep, so I got her the pillow.

I take my shoes off and walk over to the left side of the bed, where she is closest to the edge. I sit down and just look at her. I don't think she really knows how pretty she is. Mel is the kind of girl that doesn't flaunt herself a lot. She's not like other girls that I've met that always stay in the mirror, taking selfies. I continue to look at her, as she moves her lips a little. I love this shit out of this girl, and she's carrying my child.

I look down at her stomach that's exposed. She's not very big yet, but she acts like a big spoiled baby. I don't mind, because I would do whatever for her.

"Hey, you."

Her voice brings my attention back to her face. She has a pretty smile on her face, looking at me. "Hey, I told you that I can't wake you. You look so beautiful, while sleeping."

We share eye contact for a couple minutes, before she moves the body pillow from in front of her and throws it to the side. I grin at her, climbing into bed. I lay on my back as she puts her arms across my waist and puts her leg around me. I don't mind being her body pillow. She lays her head on my chest, closing her eyes.

"When you leave, I miss you." She says quietly. "It's hard to stay sleep without you."

I rub her back, thinking about her words. She doesn't know it, but I hate when I have to leave her. I hate the life that I'm living. I think she deserves so much, but I need to make sure that we're straight, before I go making sudden changes in my life.

"I'm good. I have a large family." I try to reassure her.

Mel doesn't say anything in response. I put my arms around her waist, holding her in my arms. I know that she doesn't trust my lifestyle, but she needs to know that I always have her back.

"I want some." She says in a quiet voice, pulling at my shorts. She lifts her head up to look at me.

With just her looking at me, I instantly stand at attention.

*****

I walk into Antonio's house, holding a black duffel bag. Mel gets ready to go upstairs, but I grab her hand, pulling her to my chest. I put one arm around her waist and kiss her lips. She gives me a tiny grin and rolls her eyes. I know she hates coming to my family's house. It's the reason why I make few trips with her to the house. Today I had to bring her along with me, because later we're having dinner at her mom's house.

"I love you." I say against her lips.

"I love you too." She says right back.

I think she means it. I look into her eyes and lick my lips. She turns around to look at the stairs behind her.

"I'm in love with you." I say, quietly. Mel turns back around to look at me. I have never told a woman that before. I've never thought there was such a thing as being in love someone, before I met her. She studies my eyes for a second with a silly smile on her face.

"I think I'm in love with you too." She finally says back to me. "But if you keep me up there for more than a couple hours, I may stop being in love." Chuckling, she covers her face with her hand and shakes her head a little. She looks back at me. "You're in love with me for real?"

Amusement is all over my face, watching how she reacts to my words. I thought she knew that I was in love with her. "Yes."

"And if this isn't your child?" She raises an eyebrow in questioning.

"It's fine. We'll make it work, if you want to."

"You're amazing." She whispers.

Lately, this is her favorite word to describe me. I'm only an amazing person for her. I want to be everything in life that she feels she'll ever need and/or want.

"Yo, man . . . Don't you two stay together?" Marcus comes from the kitchen, eating an apple. "You act like you're about to go on a trip and have to send her a postcard, or something."

I watch as Mel rolls her eyes at the sound of Marcus' voice. I already know that she doesn't like him, by the way she acts. She's never voiced her opinions about him, but I watch her body language and pay attention to my lady. She tries to walk off, but I grab a couple of her fingers, gaining her attention. She looks over her shoulder at me.

"Two hours, baby. I promise." I say to her, letting her fingers go.

She doesn't say anything, but taps her watch and gives me a big smile. She turns back around and heads for the stairs. I watch her look down at her watch, before walking up the stairs. I look down at my own watch. It's only eleven in the morning, but I know that she's going to count on me to actually keep my word. I have two hours to get as much shit done as possible and then save the rest for later.

"Don't tell me that you're sprung, nigga. She has your nose wide opened." Marcus laughs, walking towards me. I ignore him, heading for the room in the back.

*****

A/N: I know that this is sort of short, but I just wanted you guys to get a feel on how Cameron feels. I will most likely update one more time tonight. :)