11 - JASON

Jason

I step into the line at Walmart about fifteen minutes before Ashlee gets off. I'm holding the cheesecake that she said she would get earlier. I wasn't going to let her buy it, but I wanted her to think that she was. I just wanted to see if she really would buy it. I lick my lips as I look ahead at her. There's a lot of people in front of me, so I'm sure she doesn't see me.

I begin to think about Kayla and all the things that I did in the bedroom with her. I definitely gave the girl a work out, but now I feel even more like crap. I'm not the type of dude to just fuck with a girl and go about my business. I'm definitely not the kind of guy to try to pursue one girl, while fucking with another. The only other time I did asshole moves such as this one was when I was Melissa's best friend, while being Leslie's boyfriend.

My phone vibrates and I pull it out of my pocket to find that Terrance had sent me a message. I open the message quickly.

Mel said that she needs help getting a car. What should I tell her?

I stare at the text for a few seconds not sure what to text back. A car? What the fuck? I know that she needs help getting a car, because she is having a baby. I just don't know how I'm going to do it without a job. I'm still holding my parents' debit card. They told me that shit was only for groceries and to pay my insurance. I need to get a fucking job.

Tell her I'll send her my work card. I know that should have close to a couple grand on there.

I send the message to Terrance. I had gotten my card back from Mel, after I took her back home. I guess I'm going to have to give it back to her.

R U FUCKING SERIOUS???

Terrance text comes back quick as hell. I already know that he feels as though I shouldn't help her get a car. The simple fact is that it might be my baby, and I don't need her worrying how to get from A to Z.

What? R u goin to make sure she gets to where she needs to go? She needs a fucking car. It's my money and I'm going to help her the best way that I can.

I send him my reply as I move up in the line. I put my phone away, not wanting to argue with Terrance via text. I know I sound silly as hell. I don't know how she has me like this. She asks for something, and I'm going to try my hardest to make it happen.

I look up at Ashlee, and she is noticing me for the first time. I can see her eyes light up a little at the sight of me in her line. She moves a little faster to get the customers out the line. My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I reach in my pocket. I'm hoping that Terrance isn't trying to talk me out of what I want to do. I glance at the message.

Alright. I will let her know. I'm just saying if u gon be spendin money all willy nilly u might as well take her ass back. U crazy as fuck if you really believe that she just text me to get a car. She wants ur ass. . . STUPID.

I don't respond and put my phone away. I'm the next person in line. Ashlee smiles at me as she grabs the cheesecake. She raises an eyebrow at me.

"I got here a little early and decided to stop in and see you work a little. Maybe grab this cheesecake."

"Boy, I'm going to kill you. I already bought the cheesecake. I bought it on my last break and put it in the fridge in the break room."

She passed my little test with just saying those few words.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, not breaking eye contact with her.

She pushes the cheesecake out the way. "It's fine. I told you that I will get it. I meant it. Now go wait in the car for me, baby."