52 - JASON

Jason

I open my eyes to my phone ringing. I ignore the call completely and go to close my eyes again, but notice that the light is on in the bedroom. I squint my eyes, wondering if I forgot to turn the lamp off. I know that I have a bad habit of leaving the lights on, when I'm not in the room. I sit up and stretch a little just looking at the entrance of the bedroom.

I grab my phone and call Mel's phone, but my call go straight to voicemail. I'm just calling her to check on her. Since leaving her at Cameron's house, I've been feeling ill. I wish that I would have caused a scene and just took Cameron out. I should have never left her at his house. I lean my head back against the cushions, wondering if I should go over to the house now and try to talk to her again. I throw my phone onto the coffee table, deciding to take a quick shower and head over to the house and talk to her again. I'll be damned, if I leave her with Cameron.

I walk slowly to my bedroom and stop dead in my tracks, when I see her laying in my bed sleeping peacefully. I quickly rub my eyes, thinking that my vision is playing mean tricks with my heart. When I open my eyes again, it's as clear as day that Mel is sleeping in my bed. She has a suitcase on wheels next to the side that she's laying on and another small bag at the foot of the bed. This could only mean one thing to me. That she wants to try with me again.

I bite my bottom lip, looking at her. I'm really trying not to get my hopes all high or get too emotional, but this is what I've wanted forever. I've been miserable without her in my life. It's like I've been a completely different Jason without my baby by my side. She's the only girl that I know how to love. Hell, the only girl that I want to love. I forgive her and accept all her flaws, if she'll accept all mine.

I lean against the door way, admiring her. Her hand is clutching the pillow close to her and she is curled up in the fetal position. Her hair is all over the bed and half covering her face. I just stare at her, unsure about what I should do. I have so many emotions going through my body, watching her sleep.

I push myself out the door frame and climb onto the bed with her. I lay down, facing her. I push all her hair out of her face to get a closer look at her. Mel moves her lips a little and makes a little noise. She squeezes the pillow closer to her chest.

I lay on the same pillow as her with our faces an inch from touching. I lean in a little and place a soft kiss on her lips.

Mel opens her eyes the moment after my lips touch hers. We stare at each other for a few moments. When she doesn't say anything, fear takes over my mind. I'm afraid that she doesn't want us back and she's just visiting me. I'm afraid that she's just trying to run far away from Cameron.

"I love you more." She says softly, looking into my eyes. Her eyes quickly fill up with tears at the brim, threatening to fall any second.

"I love you more."

"I said it first."

She did. I watch as her tears finally fall from her eyes. I brush my thumb across her cheeks, trying to dry her face. I hate to see her cry. It hurts me more than she will ever know.

"I left him. You said that you didn't care, if this baby is yours. You said that you just wanted this marriage. Did you mean all that? Could you really handle, if this isn't your baby?"

"Yes." I just want my wife back. If she is pregnant with Cameron's child, we'll just work it out. Hell, she was willing to accept Leslie having my baby. "Our baby will just have two fathers, if Cameron is the daddy."

She gives a sad smile with tears steady coming down her cheeks. "Can we try again and this time no cheating, or lies? This time I will be faithful to you, because I don't want to be a fuck up anymore. I want this marriage. I want you, and I'm sorry for making you feel like you weren't anything special in my life."

I don't understand why she's apologizing to me. I already told her that I wanted this relationship. We already had a talk about what I wanted from her. I forgave her for the shit that she did with Cameron. I'm man enough to forgive her and work through this with her. I can't see myself with anyone else. I'm not myself with anyone else.

"Stop." I kiss her lips gently. "You're not the only fuck up." I wipe her tears off her lips. "We'll both try together."

Mel sniffles a little and moves her body a little to lay her head on my chest. I close my eyes and pull her into my arms. She wraps her arms around me and a familiar feeling comes over me. I can still hear her crying a little. I rub her lower back to get her to calm down a little.

"Mel, we're going to be alright. I promise you."

I begin thinking about us going to counseling again. The first time that we try counseling with my father, it didn't work out so well. Mostly, because Mel had gotten upset because I didn't confess all my secrets. This time, I won't have no secrets. I'm just a dude in love who wants his marriage to work more than anything in the world.