23 - MELISSA

Melissa

Yes, he is special. He knows how to keep me smiling. I continue skating wondering where he is. I see him skating towards me and smile, shaking my head. In one swift motion he gets behind me and holds me as we skate.

"There's nowhere else I would want to be right now, Melly."

"Me also, Jay baby."

I think back when he and I first danced to this song back in the eighth grade. We had decided to go to the dance together. I had never been so nervous in my life when our song came on. I could tell that he was nervous, also. That first dance to this song changed our friendship a lot and brought us to this present day.

My heart is speaking volumes that I can't comprehend. He has me feeling like I am flying. So many things are going on between us. Our kiss. Our steady bickering whenever Aaron comes around. His jealousy. Our little sleepovers. He has me on a new level of love.

*****

I stand in the kitchen at Antonio's house as some of the females in Cameron's family prepare a Sunday dinner. I know I look hella awkward as I keep fidgeting with my bracelet, trying to look busy. No matter how many times he brings me around his family, I just get the weirdest vibes. I guess it takes several times for me to get used to these people.

Jasmine laughter makes me look up instantly. She had just walked into the kitchen, holding hands with my brother. Wonderful. I think to myself as I give my brother a tight smile.

In the few times that I had came over to the house with Cameron, I never bumped into my brother. I'm okay with that. I don't talk to my brother much, since moving out the house. When we all went out to dinner as a group, things felt a bit weird. It's hard seeing him with a girlfriend. I still haven't figured out if Jasmine is any good for him. I so badly don't want her to be, because of how I personally resent her.

Charles lets go of her hand and walks up to me as Jasmine talks loudly with some of her family in the kitchen.

"How are you?" He asks as he pulls me into a big bear hug. "Jazzie told me that you would be here for dinner. Two dinners in one month. Small world."

Too small. Instead of replying with this, I hug him back. Charles releases me and go on to greet the four other females in the kitchen that he seems to already know. They were gushing over my brother, throwing their arms around him like he's family. I didn't get all that from them. Am I that stand offish? I roll my eyes at the scene in front of me. I don't really care, because I don't know any of them. Kerri is my only female friend, and I'm okay with that. Besides, she's horrible at sharing.

"Where's the food at, Quiana?" A boy screams, walking into the kitchen.

I sigh deeply with a sudden urge to fake contractions. Anything to get out of the house.

"C.J., I need you to stop screaming my name, like you're crazy." Quiana snaps on him, turning her back to him. The boy looks at me and gives me a tiny wink.

Kerri had it on point, when she said that Cameron's family are filled with good looking dudes. The boy they called C.J. stood tall at five eleven with the prettiest gray eyes. He looks super young though. He looks like a baby.

"She's with Cameron." Jasmine says quickly. "I know you haven't been to the house in a little bit of time, but she's Cameron's newbie."