19 - MELISSA

Melissa

I feel his fingers gently going across my face. I lick my lips as I feel his fingers on my face. He cups my chin in his hand, and he presses his lips against mine again. I stand on my toes, and he puts his free arm around my body. I put my arms back around his neck again as our kiss deepens. His tongue tastes so sweet in my mouth. I pull away to catch my breath. I look at him shyly not believing what is going on between us. He just stares back at me lustfully.

Jason grabs my hands pulling me back to him. I blush and smile a little stepping between his legs. He just keeps his eyes on me biting his bottom lip. I make the first move and hungrily kiss his lips again. I simply can't get enough of Jason. He puts both arms around my body, and I have never felt as intoxicated as I feel at this moment. He gently bites my bottom lip. He kisses my lips again.

*****

I walk into Antonio's house with Cameron. The aroma of weed takes over my nose immediately. Cameron keeps his arms around my waist as we walk through the house. I'm not really feeling this type of environment, but I'm here with him. He told me that he had some shit to do at Antonio's house and he wanted me to come to the house with him. I really didn't want to come, because this house is the party house from what Jasmine had told me. Well, as much as I tried to stay in the house, I ended up here.

I keep replaying the conversation that I had with Terrance. I'm still so hurt by everything. I don't know how it seems that Jason has moved on completely from me. It feels as though everything between us was a lie. I mean, why even propose and run away with me to get married, if you're going to walk away the first signs of a problem?

I look up at Camrron's face as he talks with Marcus. I try to look happy around Cameron, but the truth of the matter is that I'm really hurt and sad. And in some sick kind of way, I still hope that this is Jason's baby that I'm carrying. I just want some part of him in my life. I know that if this isn't his baby, that I will lose him forever.

"Ma, go upstairs. If you need me, I'll be in the basement." Cameron whispers into my ear.

I instantly think about the first night that I let him put his lips on me. The night that made Jason step out on us. Maybe I should have kept that to myself and we can still be together. I'm not really upset about him cheating on me with the town's slut. I'm upset with how he's deciding to handle everything. It's like he thinks it's okay for him to do asshole things and becomes one the moment that he realizes that my fuck ups are bigger than what he thought.

Cameron kisses my cheek and walks away. I stand there for a moment, looking around. The last time he left me for his family, they gave Victoria a hundred reasons to dislike my ass. Now that I'm pregnant and it could be his child, I'm sure this bitch is planning my funeral.

I slowly make my way to the stairs, wondering who is going to greet me at the top. It's not a secret that I'm not in love with Cameron's family. I thought that I could like Jasmine, but she likes to gossip about my business to my brother. I don't know why everyone finds my life so fucking interesting that my name stays on their lips. I turn around when I get half up the stairs to look at Cameron.

Cameron is looking at me. I give him a tiny smile and turn back around to continue to make my way up the stairs. I hate that I'm here right now.

My phone rings, before I get to the top of the stairs. I pull it out of my clutch and smile at the sight of Kerri's name. It's crazy how much I miss her. I take the call and put the phone to my ear.

"What's up, Ker?"

"Girl." She whispers loudly through the phone. "Jas is over here acting reckless!"

"Jason is no longer my business." I really don't care what he's doing and who he's doing it with. I know that Kerri is just trying to keep me informed, but the shit is just so heartbreaking. I'm not ready to picture him with some girl, because I know that he's a good guy. Damn . . . I fucked up.