17 - MELISSA

Melissa

Jason starts laughing as I stand in front of him. He slides his arms around me. His hands travel from my thighs to my stomach. I close my eyes as he places small kisses on my neck. I freeze not knowing what to do. I'm not sure if he is going to try to kiss me, but I am more than ready for us to kiss. He turns me around to look at him, and I swallow hard. We should have kissed a thousand times, before this moment.

"What if I win?"

I look at him in confusion. What? "Win . . . win what?"

"In swimming?"

"What do you want to win?"

"Your first kiss."

*****

Cameron lays his head on my stomach, listening to our baby's heart beat. He rubs the side of my stomach. I flip the page in the book that I'm reading.

"Baby, how do you feel?"

His question comes from out of nowhere. I look up from my book with one eyebrow raised. "What?"

"I'm just asking. How do you feel about everything?"

Oh. This question. I go back to my book. Since the appointment, Cameron has really been stuck to me like glue. He even cancelled a lot of things that he was supposed to be doing. He wants to make sure that I'm okay.

"That heart beat is strong as hell." He says with amazement in his voice. I look back at him over my book.

He positions himself between my legs and is now kissing my stomach. I can't help, but to grin at him. He is such a big softy.

"Daddy is going to buy you all the newest shit. You're going to have your first set of wheels by the time you're fifteen. Hell, twelve. It can just sit in the garage."

I set my book down on the night stand and just stare down at Cameron. His eyes meet mine, and I give him a wide toothy grin. "You're so happy."

He moves his body up, so that he is face to face with me. "From the smile on your face, I will say that you are too."

I put my hands on his cheeks and bring my lips to his. I give him a tiny peck, before answering him. "I am. I'm so lucky."

Cameron kisses my lips back. He gives me kisses on the side of neck and then break away. "Baby, I have to make a run real quick. You need something from the store?"

"A run? Cam, it's almost ten at night."

"I know, baby, but . . . " He gives me a couple more kisses, before continuing. "But I've been ignoring everyone all day. If I don't make money, how am I going to take care of you and ours?"

"Go." I pick my book up and pretend to be reading. I know that he has a solid point, but I really don't want him out late.

"Ma, don't be like that. You know that I'm coming back home to you. I would want you to ride along with me, but it's late."

I roll my eyes.

Cameron sighs, getting off the bed. "Well, I just have to pick this bag up from Indiana. I shouldn't be gone for no longer than a few hours. I'm going to call you, when I make it there. Then, I'll call you when I'm on my way back home."

I don't say anything to him. This is what I get for being with a drug dealer. I don't know how deep he's in the game, but I really wish that he would consider walking away for our family. I know that we've only been together for a little bit of time, but this isn't a life for a child. I would have to talk to him about it later.