43 - CAMERON 💙

Cameron

I sit in the car with my head on the steering wheel, replaying the argument that Melissa and I just had. It wasn't that big of an argument, but I know that it could have been worse if I didn't walk away from her altogether. She doesn't know the side of me that plenty of people are familiar with. I always try to give her the best of me, but she almost caught the other side of me.

I sit up in my seat and reach over to the glove compartment. I pull out the ring that I purchased for her almost two months ago. I've been holding on to this ring, waiting for the perfect time to ask her to marry me. I thought three weeks ago would have been the right time to ask her, but my dumb ass cousin decided to shoot her ex and put his ass in a coma. Since then, I've been noticing how much time Mel has been spending with Jason. The shit makes me so uncomfortable and nervous that they are back to talking again.

I finger the ring, shaking my head sadly. I never pictured myself wanting to actually be taken off the market. Marrying someone is a big step and the men in my family don't normally volunteer ourselves to be tied down. Marrying Mel will piss so many people off in my life. My family already hates her ass, because they think that she influenced me to turn Marcus in. Jasmine is the only one who still has some love for her, other than C.J's infatuation with her.

Antonio told me to think about it, before proposing, but he told me that some time ago. My family think that I'm changing and it's for the worse. They think that Mel has me opened wide and that I don't care about kicking it at the house all day and night. I know that I'm changing and that I've cut my time at the house in half. Mel doesn't like me in the streets and she doesn't like going to the house. She's not like other girls that I've been with. She doesn't smoke, or drink. She doesn't like being around all my people, and I know this. Besides, my family is hella ignorant. I could understand how she feels, but I also understand my family's point. Ultimately, I explained to all their ignorant asses that they respect her like they respect me, or we're going to have some serious issues. So, everyone fakes around her with the exception of C.J. and Jasmine. In return, I stop going over there so much. I don't have time for the kiddie shit. I'm trying to build a future with this girl.

I placed the ring back in the box and returned it back to the glove compartment. I don't know if we're ready for marriage. I like to think that we are, but her staying at the hospital all night is straight blowing me. She doesn't answer her phone, when she's with him. She stays gone for hours at a time. She claims that they are rebuilding a friendship. I try not to get jealous, but this is the same dude that I've been competing with from day one. The dude that will make her stop talking to me for days, or weeks at a time. She will vanish ever so often and then return to me, when he does something to upset her.

I'm not trying to go back to being the side nigga. I only became her side nigga, because she was fully involved with his ass. Being her side anything was never my plan. When I first met her, I just wanted to hit it. I saw her walking in the snow, and I thought she had a nice little shape. When I found out she had a man, it just increased my urge to bed her ass and let her go. The ones in a relationship are the best ones. Well, the more I chase her and actually gotten the chance to know her, my intentions changed a little. I found myself wanting her to be with me. So, I showed her how to cheat on him and what to say to get away with it.

I laugh a little at how she didn't have a clue on how to manage me and him at the same time. I created a little monster, because she could use the shit that I taught her at any given time. And this is why I find myself sitting alone in the car, pissed the fuck off.

I decide that it's time to get out the car and finish up my conversation with her. I'm not trying to go to bed upset with her, or the other way around. I'm serious about being with her and eventually marrying her one day. If I wasn't serious, I would have never put my cousin in jail for her. Hell, I would do anything to keep her happy, including taking the heat from my family.