72 - JASON

Jason

I dance with my daughter in my arms as she sleeps. I keep my eyes on Mel, watching her dance with my father. She has the biggest smile on her face as she laughs at something that he says. I really can't help, but to smile at how beautiful she looks tonight.

My father must have said something about me, because she turns around to look at me. She begins cheesing extra hard and laughs some more, turning her attention to my father. Since she had gave birth to my daughter, Mel and my parents have grown even more close. She even calls my dad, dad. I'm glad that she can look at him as a father figure, because I know that she never really had that in her life.

When the song changes to I'll Be Loving You (Forever) Mel turns back around to look at me. She turns back to my father and says something to him, before giving him a little hug. Mel makes her way to me, smiling so hard. I swear that after these past years, that she can still make my heart stop at the sight of her. I don't mean to throw shade at my girl, Kerri, but Mel looks way better than the bride today. She outshines everyone in the entire room.

As she gets closer to me, I hold my arm out to her. Mel steps into my embrace, putting her arm around my waist. I keep a hold on Jessica, holding her securely with one arm. Mel puts her other arm around me, making it look like we are having one big family hug.

"So, remember when your parents stayed playing this song, when we were younger and we used to be like, what the hell?" Mel questions with a big smile on her face.

I nod, with a smile on my face similar to hers. My parents will always be in love with one another. I hope that Mel and I can be just like them years from now.

"Now we're all in love, feeling the hell out of this song." Mel continues with her eyes glistening. She begins humming the song to herself. I just stare at her in awe. I'm so crazy into love with this girl. "I'll be loving you forever. Just as long as you want me to be." Mel sings to me, blushing a little. She's so damn cute right now. "I'll be loving you forever. All this love for you and me." She giggles a little bit.

I can't take my eyes off her. Mel has never sang to me before. Usually, I'm the one that sings love songs to her, looking all stupid in love.

Mel and I had been through some rough shit a couple years back, that it was starting to look like we wouldn't ever have good days. I promised to always hold her down, and I meant my words. This girl isn't just the mother of my child, my wife, but she has always been my best friend. She still gets a little crazy on me from time to time, but I know how to check her ass when I need to. We have a mutual understanding that this love isn't going anywhere.

"We've come too far to ever turn back now. This love will last forever. I can see it all now." My baby continues singing to me with her eyes glistening with tears.

I lean in closer to her, putting my forehead against hers. "I love you more."

She breaks into a smile through her tears. This is a game that we will always love to play with one another.

She shakes her head at me. "Na-uh, Jay baby, I love you more."

"Woman, you know I said it first."

"I love you more." She whispers, loudly, trying not to wake our daughter up. She hasn't budged this whole time.

I press my lips against hers and she pulls away from me, catching her breath a little. It's nice to know that I can still make her lose her breath from time to time.

"Always and forever, baby." I say to her with a smile coming to my lips.

Mel nods her head and lay it on my chest. I grin from ear to ear, because I must be the luckiest guy here at this wedding. Hell, the universe. I have two of the most greatest girls in my arms right now. And according to them, they both say they love me more.