36 - KERRI

Kerri

"Kerri, where's Jason?" Mel's voice comes through the phone in a panic.

"We're still here at the beach. Why? You want to finally sex and make up?" I giggle a little.

Since Mel stormed off the beach, Jason hasn't mention her at all. He's just been sitting in the sand, lost in his own thoughts. He hasn't even tried making up with Ashlee. I won't tell anyone, but I saw him cry a little bit over the argument that they had.

"This is serious. Tell Jason to go home, or something."

"What's going on?" I begin to panic right away.

Melissa groans through the phone. "I'm on my way there. Just get rid of him. I'll explain everything later."

"Mel, talk to me about what's going on. You can't tell me to get rid of him, after the war you guys just had. Believe it or not, he kind of needs me to be a good friend to him. This boy has - - -" I stop in mid sentence the moment that I see Cameron. "Oh, shit, Mel. Cameron is here."

Melissa whines through the phone. "Call the police."

"What?" I scream, loudly. I don't fuck with the police like that. Is she crazy? I have a couple of illegal shit going on at my party, and she's talking about calling the police. This girl has lost her mind. "Hell no."

"Kerri, please. Cameron is trying to fight Jason!"

I watch as Cameron looks around the beach for my brother. "Tell you what, boo. . . If he fights Jason tonight, he's getting his ass kicked. No joke. Jason is not in the mood for this shit."

"Neither is Cameron."

"Well, my money's on Jason."

"Call the fucking police! I don't know if Cameron has a gun on him, and . . . "

"Boo, he ain't crazy. Terrance stay packing with - - -"

I watch as Cameron finally realizes that the guy sitting near the water could be Jason. "Boo, I love you, but if your boy tries it . . ." I pull my heels off and make eye contact with Terrance, who just noticed Cameron on the beach.

"I'm calling the fucking police! All you mothafuckers going to jail!" Mel screams into the phone.

I end the call with her just as Terrance pushes through the crowd to get to me. I know that she's just upset with me that I won't shut it down. Hell, I think Jason needs to kick Cameron's ass. I want to kick his ass myself, but I know I will just live vicariously through Jason.

"Bae, what's going on?" Terrance asks as he watches Cameron make his way towards Jason.

"Cameron came for blood, I guess." I say nonchalant.

Terrance nods, keeping his eyes on him. Cameron is not too far from Jason. "I'll be back, you stay far away from this shit. Understand?"

I look up to find Antonio walking on the beach with a couple guys. Shit just got real. Cameron punk ass had to call the light skinned crew to fuck with my brother. Terrance turns around to see what I'm looking at.

He looks back at me. "You stay out of this shit. I'm going to my car, and I'll be back."

"But Jason!" I grab his arm, trying to stop him. I know that he doesn't expect me to just stand here and watch him get jumped?

Terrance looks down at the beach to see that Jason is standing on his feet, arguing with Cameron. He looks back up at Antonio and the guys making their way down the beach.

Terrance turns to me. "Look under the seat and bring it to me. Move fast."

I nod and hurry off to the car. I can't help but turn around to see that Terrance is making his way to Antonio. "No." I groan to myself, because I don't want him trying to take these three guys by himself.

Maybe I should call the police like Melissa suggested. I turn back around and rush to his car to get what he's looking for. I say a silent prayer that tonight nobody ends up in jail, or worse . . . Shot. Maybe just some angry words can be exchanged and everyone goes back to their unhappy lives.