67 - MELISSA

Melissa

"Girl, if you're going to start talking about my grammar, we're going out to dinner."

Maybe I do need to go out to dinner with him to get away from all this drama with Jason and Leslie. Cameron is just a friend, and I like how he keeps me laughing. Something my boyfriend is having trouble with lately.

I put my feet up on the desk and close my eyes. "Where?

"Shit. She's letting me take her out on a date?"

I smile at his words. Why he makes me feel special? "It's not a date, fool. I have a boyfriend."

"It is with me."

"Where you want to take me? First impression is everything."

He laughs at me. "I don't think you're ready, but I might have something in mind."

"McDonalds?" I giggle as I opened my eyes. Jason is standing by the door looking at me.

"Dollar menu all day, baby. You could have whatever you like as long as it's on that dollar menu." Cameron laughs.

Jason crosses his arms as I take my feet off the desk. I sit up in the chair quickly. "Um . . . Camille, I have to go."

*****

It's been a week, since Jason and I left Chicago to get back to life in Atlanta. Before we had left, Jason had bought a DNA kit from the store. He swab his mouth and the baby's mouth. He then sent it off. According to the paperwork inside, he should be receiving the results by email a few business days after the lab receives the sample.

He doesn't know it, but I religiously check his email as though it's mine. After seeing how sad he is about this not being his child, I've been kind of hoping that this is his baby. I mean, I don't like Leslie by no means, but I do love my man. I hate seeing how sad he is.

Right now I have the laptop open, getting ready to sign into his Gmail account. I quickly put in his username and password. Afterwards, I wait a couple seconds for everything to load up. Right away I notice that he has a message from Home DNA. From the looks of it, it seems that he already read the message. I reach over to my nightstand and grab the log in information that they provided him with, when he bought the test. I knew that he said it was going to be a few days, because he paid extra money to have the results rushed. He sent the testing by Fed Ex. He wasn't playing any games with wanting to know, if Jason Jr is well, a Junior. I bite my bottom lip, wondering if I'm invading his privacy by opening this email up.

I hear the front door open and close the laptop up. I take the paper and stuff it underneath my pillow. I'm setting my laptop on the nightstand just as Jason walks into the room with a smile on his face. I swear my heart sinks just a little. I'm so complicated, because I want the baby to be his, but I don't want the baby to be his.

Jason is dancing around a little and drops his bag on the floor. I just look at him, waiting for him to tell me the news.

"Baby, you want to go out for a dinner tonight?"

"I cooked." I cross my arms across my chest not breaking eye contact with him.

"Yes, I smelled it, but we have some things to celebrate. I got the job at Target. I got the phone call today. I go to orientation Monday morning." He gives me a small grin.

I jump out the bed in excitement. "Are you serious?" I run up to him and throw my arms around him. Jason grabs me and picks me up. I put my arms around his body, kissing his lips.