16 - JASON

Jason

I lay on my couch with Ashlee's face bury in my chest. She had fallen asleep on me about an hour ago. I move her hair from her face and move my body a little, so that I can take a look at her face. She is real cute when she is sleeping. I lay back down in my original position and turn the television down some. I don't want to wake her up. I know that she must be tired.

Since yesterday, Ashlee and I have been spending this whole time together. I just don't want to be alone right now. She had went with me earlier to get my new phone, and I had bought her a new phone case. She tried to buy it for herself, but I told the guy that I'm paying for it off my card. Then, we came back home and she made me dinner to show her appreciation.

I know that I shouldn't be coming off my money so easily, when it comes to anyone. I really can't help it. I don't think that she's the type to take advantage of me. Mel is the only girl that I used to come off money for easily. Hell, I would have done anything for the girl. I close my eyes, thinking about the day we went to the carnival and I blew a hundred easily on her. I just love to see my baby smile.

I suddenly feel guilty, and I open my eyes. Here I am, laying with a gorgeous girl that has nothing on, but my tank and some boy shorts, and all I can think about is my ex. My ex. That shit sounds funny in my head.

I reach over her and grab my phone off the floor. I quickly go to Facebook. I've been purposely, trying to stay off of it, because I've convinced myself that whatever is posted . . . Will piss me off. Now, my curiosity is getting the best of me and I want to know what Mel is up to.

I skip newsfeed and go directly to her page. I'm greeted by a picture that I have never saw. It's a close up of her, smiling at the camera. She looks so damn happy. So this is what Cameron does to her? He makes her take selfies where she is looking completely happy. I thought I put the prettiest smiles on her face. I guess I was wrong. I go down her timeline and stop the moment that I see that she posted a picture no more than a couple hours ago of her and Cameron. It says something about them coming from a doctor appointment. Cameron is kissing her stomach and she appears to be laughing, smiling fondly down at him. It takes everything inside me not to throw my phone. I'm so fucking hurt right now. I don't even know why I decided to fuck with Facebook. I should have just minded my own business.

I set my phone down and rest my head on the cushion. Now, my thoughts are of Cameron and Melissa having a wonderful life together. On some selfish shit, I kind of hope that her baby is mine, to fuck up her entire world.

My phone vibrates and I hesitate in even looking at the screen. I know it's most likely my parents. Them and Ashlee are the only ones with my new number. I haven't bother giving Terrance or Kerri my new number. I lean over Ashlee and grab my phone off the floor. Kerri's number is across my phone. Damn. She is going to curse me out.

"Where you at, baby?" I ask her.

"Where I'm at? Nigga, you could have told me that you were getting a new number. I mean, damn . . . Negro, I'm driving all the way up there by myself. I need to keep in contact with you."

"I'm sorry. I got a new phone and number today. It must have slipped my mind. Are you close?"

"No. I'm just saying that I shouldn't have to call your parents to track you down. If you want to ignore . . . " I curl my lips up at her about to mention her name. "Anyway, baby, I'm on my way now. Google map says that I should be there in eleven hours and ten minutes. Well, now nine minutes."

"Okay, so I should expect you around six in the morning? I thought you left out last night?"

"Mmm . . . I was supposed to, but I had to go do a favor for my baby. I talked to your boy for you."