61 - MELISSA

Melissa

"Baby, stop."

Jason pulls me into his arms as my mother and his mother talk with one another. I giggle as he gives me another peck on the lips.

"Stop what?" He gives me another peck.

I close my eyes as he kisses my lips again. He moves his arms to around my waist and continues to give me tiny pecks. The pecks turn into full blown kissing. Jason pulls back and presses his forehead against mine.

"You love me, Mel?"

"Always and forever."

"You trust me with your heart?"

I give a little smile that he is still bringing this up. "Yes."

He gives me a kiss on the forehead. "You better."

*****

It feels like a horrible nightmare that I'm in as Jason and I rush to Leslie's room. He's been trying like crazy to get here at Northwestern Hospital to see his baby born. I've been trying to keep up with him at the airport and it's really difficult. I think that he's forgetting that I'm also pregnant. Terrance had picked us up from the airport at a little after seven in the morning. We had managed to catch the fight leaving at five forty five in the morning.

I hate that I see excitement all in his face, when he showed barely anything at my ultrasound appointment. I'm not about to complain, because I really don't want to argue with him. Jason and I get outside Leslie's room and he suddenly comes to a halt. He turns around and smiles a little. He brings me into his arms and kisses my cheek.

"I swear that I love you with everything inside me. Thanks." I nod my head, unsure of what to say. If he wants me here, where else will I be? This is what love does to a person.

I can hear Leslie screaming and take his hand and nod towards the door. Her having his baby will forever change our worlds. I'm not sure, if I'm ready, but this is what I signed up for. Jason turns around to look at the door. He nods his head and squeezes my hand, lightly.

We walk into the room together, and Leslie is taking deep breaths. She just looks at us, but doesn't say anything. This is very shocking. I guess that she is learning to accept us.

Jason nods to a seat by the window. "Take a seat, babe. You've been trying to run with me. Relax."

I nod my head. He's right about this. I try to smile politely at Leslie, but I'm sure that I'm unsuccessful. I head over to the area that Jason was nodding at.

"How are you?" I hear him ask her as he eyes her.

"You made it." She says, weakly, smiling at him.

"I told you that I will." He says, quietly. "What's going on?"

"I'm almost fully dilated. We have to wait for me to get to ten, so I can push him out."

"Okay." I watch as he rubs her huge stomach. A tiny smile comes on his face and he looks at Leslie's face. "You need something?"

Leslie shakes her head at him, concentrating on her breathing. "I'm just hot and uncomfortable."

Jason nods, looking around the room. "Can I do something for you?"

"Push him out."

They share a laugh together. This whole thing is beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable for me. I know that he just tried to reassure me that he loves me, but this whole scene . . . I just feel like I shouldn't be here. They are about to have their first child together, and I can't help but to feel a bit jealous. I wish it was me that was having his baby.