18 - JASON

Jason

I stroke my chin, listening to Terrance tell me all the shit that Mel had just said to him not even half an hour ago. I lick my lips and bite it. The shit he is telling me, makes me want to curse her the fuck out. It's taking everything inside me not to go there with Melissa. I'm trying to be the good guy here, but she keeps fucking with me, mentally. Even after finding out that her ass moved in with Cameron, I still told Terrance to tell her that I'm here for her ass. Now, she tells him to give me a reckless ass message? What the fuck?

I stand up from the chair and begin pacing. I swear this girl is the only one that can take me completely out of my element. "I don't give a fuck if she changes her number! She's right! That baby probably isn't mine! I'm glad he bought her ass a fucking car! I'm so fucking done with Mel's ass. For real. I don't care if her ass ends up homeless on someone's fucking corner, I'm not giving her a dime! Fuck her! That's some disrespectful ass shit. I'm just trying to be there for her, like I said I would. Then, she's going to get all cocky about the shit? Man, she better never need me. It's a wrap. Fuck her!"

"That's what I be talking about. You can't love these hoes." Terrance says a bit bitterly. There's a lot of hurt in his voice, because of the shit that went down between him and Kerri.

I almost want to say something to him about calling Mel a hoe, but I just keep my mouth shut. Hell, he's right.

"Baby?" Ashlee is standing in the doorway of the kitchen with a concern look on her face.

I look up at the sound of Ashlee's voice. I really didn't mean to wake her up. That's the reason that I took Terrance's call into the kitchen. I need to really learn to control my temper, but Mel be having me feel like I need anger management. I'm not that type of guy, but damn it . . . I bet Ashlee thinks that I am.

I sit back down in my chair, keeping my eyes on Ashlee. "Terrance, thanks for everything, man. I appreciate you. You don't have to contact her anymore. It's over."

Ashlee raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"No problem. Hey, do me a favor, J?"

"What's up?"

"Ker said that she was coming down there with Antonio. Let me know about that shit."

Only Ker. "She's driving by herself. In fact, she should be here in a couple hours maybe."

I hear a sigh of relief from his end. "Alright. Make sure she's good."

"We know." Terrance knows that I'm going to keep an eye on Kerri. I don't really know Kerri's intentions on coming down here, but I'm excited that she will be here soon.

"Later, man." Terrance says, before ending the call.

I end the call and set my phone on the table. Ashlee crosses her arms and leans against the doorway. I take a deep exasperated breath. Life is so fucking stressful. I swear it feels like Mel is trying to kill me.

"Come sit down on my lap." I lean back on my seat, watching her.

Ashlee shakes her head, looking down. She walks up to the table and pulls a chair out. She moves the chair, so that it's directly in front of me. She sits down and just looks at me.

"What?" I ask her.

"You tell me. Your yelling woke me up. What's going on?"

I run my hand over my face. I really don't feel like talking about this with her. What am I going to say to her? That my wife is being a complete bitch and purposely fucking with my current mental state? When I look back at Ashlee, she is just watching my every move.