54 - JASON

Jason

When we pull up in front of our building in Atlanta at three in the morning, I park my car and kill the engine. I climb out the car and stretch a little. Mel had parked her car right behind mine. She gives me a nervous smile as she walks up to me. I pull her into my arms and give her a kiss on the cheek, before grabbing her hand and leading the way to our place.

"Baby, what about my bags?" She looks behind her at the car, where her bags are still at.

"I'll grab your bags tomorrow. Let's just get some rest. I'm tired." I open the front door for her.

Mel walks into the building, smiling hard at me.

It's weird that we're going to be together and try to make everything work out with us. Mel stands in front of me in my arms as I push the button for the elevator. I truthfully just want to take her home and make love to her. I know that, that probably won't be happening tonight. She looks exhausted from that long ride here. I'm not going to pressure her into giving me some. I can wait.

The elevator doors open and Kayla steps out, wearing a short dress and some heels. I try to ignore her completely as I usher Mel into the elevator.

"Hey, stranger. You sure do move on fast, huh? First, Ashlee, then me, and now her." She eyes Mel with a mean look on her face.

I turn to Mel to see her reaction. I wasn't going to tell Mel about Kayla. I wasn't trying to be sneaky. I just didn't think that I was obligated to tell her. Kayla happened during our break up and she was just a good fuck from time to time. Mel looks at me with an eyebrow lifted.

"This is the reason why you're ignoring me? You're steady bringing girls over to your place and calling them friends and shit." Kayla has one hand on her hip. "Like that Kerri bitch, who said that she was fucking you."

Mel mouth drops opened and she tries to step off the elevator, but I grab her hand to keep her from stepping off. We're already starting with some damn drama and we've only been in Atlanta for all of ten minutes. Why my life has to be so damn exhausting? I just want to be happy with my fucking wife!

"You fucked Kerri?" She asks me as though she doesn't know me any better than that.

She can't possibly believe that I would touch Kerri. Besides the fact that Kerri and I are like siblings, she's Terrance's girl. I would never fuck with anyone that he has feelings for. Besides those two facts, Mel and Kerri are close.

"Yeah, he . . . " Kayla starts talking again. I roll my eyes at how she likes to create drama. She doesn't even know what the hell she is talking about. She's just bitter, because I started ignoring her and stop fucking her.

"I didn't fuck Kerri." I say in a frustrating tone. I hate that I have to explain this to Melissa. She should know better. Have we fucked each other up so badly that she honestly thought that I would smash her best friend? My best friend's girl? Is this what we've come to? "Get on the elevator." I stand in front of her, blocking her from walking out. The doors had stayed opened this whole time, because Mel is trying to walk away from us.

Mel looks pass me at Kayla. "You fucked her?"

"We'll talk in the house." I'm not about to confide everything to her in front of Kayla. I'll tell her whatever she wants to know, when we get in the privacy of our own home.

"Yeah, he fucked me. Him and I were fucking at least a few times in a week."

I look over my shoulder at her, wishing that she would shut the fuck up. My jaw tightens as I turn back to Mel. This is why I need to learn to keep my dick in my pants. This shit is unacceptable that she has to come home and hear some girl I used to fucked with tell her how we were getting it in every chance we got.

"Kayla, this is my wife." My eyes don't leave Mel's as I talk to Kayla.

I can hear her gasp behind me at finding out that I'm a married man.

Mel doesn't break my stare as she bites her bottom lip. I can tell that she is pissed off at me and is ready to curse me the fuck out for this shit.

"So, you did fuck her?" She asks again. "You fucked her and Ashlee? What about Kerri?"

I swear that if she asks me about Kerri one more time, I'm going to scream. She knows damn well that I didn't do anything that could be considered inappropriate with Kerri.

Mel crosses her arms across her chest, with a cold look in her eyes.

"I didn't fuck Kerri." I say to her quietly, before turning around to look at Kayla. "I told your ass that she was just my friend. I told your ass that. Stop filling my girl's head with bullshit!" I turn back to Mel, who still has a cold hard stare on me. "Okay, I fucked her. I fucked Ashlee. I've never fucked Kerri. We weren't together then, and I . . . " I feel like such an idiot, standing here explaining how my life gotten a little out of control without her. "I'm sorry." I apologize to her, because I didn't want her to find out this way everything that I was doing without her.

Mel breaks her gaze and looks at Kayla. She eyes me, before taking a step back into the elevator. I breath a sigh of relief and step onto the elevator with her. I turn around to watch the door closing and Kayla still standing there with her hand on her hip. I need to stop dicking down females, because this shit can get me in trouble. I notice that Mel refuses to make eye contact with me as she stands off in the corner. I shake my head, pushing the fourth floor button. I hope that she doesn't stay upset with me all day over this. I can't change that I was fucking Kayla.

When we get to the fourth floor, Mel steps out and walks ahead of me. She steps to the side as I take my keys out to open the door.

"Jas . . . " Ashlee peeks out her door. She stops talking the moment that her eyes fall on Mel.

I go back to putting the key in the lock, wondering what I ever did to deserve this shit. I push open my front door and let Mel walk in first, completely ignoring Ashlee. Ashlee and I share eye contact for a few seconds, before I close the front door. I'm so desperately trying to fix my relationship with Melissa.

"Okay, so I was fucking with Kayla and Ashlee at the same time." I start off, wanting to just get this talk over with. It's clear that Mel has an attitude with the news that she just heard.

Mel sits down on the couch, not bothering to look at me as I talk.

"I did break up with Ashlee, and I stop talking to Kayla a while back. I just want this with you, and you know that I wouldn't cheat on you. Right?"

She brings her eyes to me and then shrugs.

She has to be fucking kidding me. I only cheated on this girl one time and that's because I was pissed off at her for cheating on me. I really don't have it in me to go fucking another girl with her around.

I walk over to the couch and get on my knees in front of her. "I wouldn't cheat on you." I put my finger underneath her chin, so that she can look into my eyes. "Never. I'm sorry that I wasn't behaving perfect, while we weren't together. I'm sorry that you had to walk in here and hear all that." I mean every single word that I say to her.

"I'm going to bed." She looks around at the couch with a sad look in her eyes.

I hate that this is how our first day here is. I know that we have a tough road ahead of us, but this shit sucks.

"Well, lets go to bed." I stand up and hold my hand out for her to grab.

Mel ignores my hand, shaking her head. "I'm not sleeping in that bed. You slept with . . ." She doesn't finish her sentence, before shaking her head again. "I'm not."

I look down the hall in complete disbelief. What did she want me to do? Get a new bed? "Okay. We could sleep on the couch together. Tomorrow I'll get a new mattress. Okay?" I search her eyes that this is good enough.

Mel nods yes, but doesn't say anything.

As I head in the back to grab a blanket, I know that I have my work cut out for me. I don't know why I thought everything will be perfect for us, because it sure as hell ain't perfect.