Thirty nine

I watched them. Someone was shouting now in all hysterics. In all the chaos it was hard to tell what was hapening at first and that made me look harder. 

 The spiky hair was attached to a small head that was delibrately made up in a mowhawk style. Said girl had managed to calm Wesley down somewhat.

We were surrounded by white snow and dead trees and I was thankful that no one could see my   relieved reaction when I knew Wesley was okay. Despite the bloody nose he would be fine.  

He was still fuming were he stood as he ranted and raved with his hands in the air saying things like stupid agendas and swearing he would get back at the bastard.

Kira was the first to break her attention from Wesley upholding a sympathetic smile my way. Before I could ask if it was allright Kira looks at me and shakes her head.

I watch from the sidelines as Kira continues to lay a comforting hand on Wesleys shoulder wishing that that was me helping him calm down. I should be over there helping them give Wesley solace even if I didn't have a  clue how.

I was so awestricken by their keen ability to heal and nurture that I blanched, not able to go over there and help by offering a few consolidating words that might have made a difference.

While contemplating how I was not going to be well-recieved I parade my way over anyway. 

This   time I couldn't fake hysteria and blame it on illussions. Going back was not an option since they already saw me and were not thrilled. Too bad

"Are you guys allright? What happened?" I ask looking from one pissed off face to the other,   ignoring the 'look' I was getting from each of my friends.

Wesley shoves Kira off him.His gaze was piercing despite his smile. "Get away from me." he snarls.

If I was any good at reading faces I would say Wesley was on the verge of loosing his good    consiounce. A part of me worried because I'd never seen Wesley react that way.

At the same time I was arguing with Wesley,Toby was discusing something with Mason who kept a straight face.

"Is he the reason you're upset?" I demanded.

Wesley didn't even look at me when I spoke let alone awknowledged my prescence. In fact, he  made it a point by talking to Kira and Mason instead of me. I was trying not to get worked up myself. All this time I thought it was some aweful story he didn't want to have to explain when in truth it was me.

He didn't want me involved in his life outside of Mr. Honeycotts class. And here I was stupid to think he was just being nice. But if Toby did hurt Wesley then I was going to do something about it even if Wesley played the silent treatment and ignored my presence.

"None of you get it." Wesley seethed through his teeth. He stood with his back to me, his fists balled next to his sides, visibly tense underneath his black wool coat.

I tried not to notice the fact that I didn't see any corporeal forms around. It was strange because whenever I saw somebody I also got a good look at their ancestral line. Dearly departed loved ones liked to act as guiding angels from the other side. 

Just because they no longer had a physical corpse didn't mean they left their cares and concerns behind.

They're the ones who stopped you just before you crossed the street where there were no traffic lights. They announced genders from the birthing rooms and they even witnessed the arrival of new souls coming to earth. There energy was full of compassion, high-energy vibrations, and pure unconditional love.