eighty four

Over the years i'd learned it was a natural occurrence to suffer from a lapse of judgement. after all, that's what being human was all about.

learning from mistakes were the best type of lesson ever to be had. so why did it feel like a punishment instead?

it was a common misconception that people were all bad. whoever determined that severely underestimated just how far a person would go to 'make things right'.

using my hand i clear precipitation from the mirror.

i could see myself through a small circle that didn't have moisture on it. my recent interest of activity caused late nights and excessive burning of the eyes. headaches, insomnia, the usual.

feeling a cold presence i turn around but find nothing. "stupid chanel." i whisper getting dressed.

because of her i was on high alert constantly scrutinizing each person over my shoulder worried they might know i was snooping in locked offices, places i had no right being.

startled, i jump, clinging on the edges of my towel when i see a reflection in the mirror float right above mine.

i turn around furious. "mason what are you doing here?!" i shriek/yell hiding any exposed flesh i could find.

quickly i get dressed and find mason standing in the middle of my room wearing the same clothes from this morning. in case he couldn't tell i wasn't buying into the confused look on his face, either.

"its not what you think." he comes up with some petty excuse.

i snort. "oh yeah? i think i understand perfectly whats going on here." i narrow my eyes at him. this was my karma. i couldn't blame chanel for that. "you're following me. how else would you know where i was?" i step out the bathroom conceptualizing all the many ways i could kill him.

i study him in the dark thoroughly disgusted. i couldn't turn on the light just yet because the good lamp was on the other side of the room but i swore mason didn't bring any shoes with him.

i take a double look to be sure i wasn't making things up.

thats when i see masons feet above carpet.

but that was only possible if....

Mason raises a hand in front of his face blinking. "i think im dead."