eighty nine

toby met danikas intense gaze with the same amount of ferocity. from what i'd observed toby didn't back down. 

"it seems the headmistress has something else planed for our uninvited guest." danikas eyes were just as bottomless pit black as joshuas. now that was just creepy.

joshua sinkers.

"the headmistress?" i hear myself asking and thats when i'd realized i said it out loud instead of in my head. 

joshua lifts an eyebrow. the ink on his forehead stretching. "ooh someones scared." he drummed his fingers in the air. chunky bracelet on his thick wrist linking together. 

i narrow my eyes. "why don't you just read your magazine?" i say too exhausted to care that i blurted that last part out. 

they weren't letting me go anytime soon and the lack of shut eye was seriously messing with logical side of seeing things.

just when i think Joshua will pound his fist square on my face his lips quiver. "i like her." joshua tells toby. "it would be a shame if she was an archon. i could make her my new servant plaything." his lips droop into an angry snarl. "i decommissioned the last one."

 tobys eyes were set on joshua in discontent.   

"oh don't look at me like that she was unconscious so she couldn't feel me bite her. and don't worry your pretty little muzzle i made sure to tear off her head before i scorched her to ashes like you told me to." joshua said dismissing the unhappy expression written all over tobys face. "what? the dummy used her foul spit to clean my swords. it had to be done."

"that's what that smell was." danika said furrowing her nose while toby frowned.

"we can't keep killing our concubines. with the archons wandering about generating an army we can't risk alarming the humans to our world." toby says condemning joshua. 

my mouth hung open. i honestly couldn't believe what i was hearing. it sounded like toby was more worried about the numbers of these archons than joshuas thirst for bloodshed.

"sorry brother. wont do it again. promise." joshua focused on toby as he flipped a page in his magazine. "next time i'll make sure the next one knows the difference between spit and shine." he winks. 

toby sighs and danikas lips twitch slightly to the right. 

apparently the headmistress was helping wesley and kira dispose of the body. there was no more talk about archons as we waited for the headmistress to get back. 

my body relaxed as danika held back from acting out her impulsive urge to strangle me. 

however, she didnt keep her feelings bottled up. judging by the death glares danika was not thrilled to see me. 

odd considering she'd never once noticed me before today.

i was unable to fall asleep even though my eyes drooped halfway and my chin met my chest. 

i couldn't sleep because i kept on thinking which led me down a spiral of unhealthy proportion. just when i was vulnerable masons limp body kept on popping up each time i closed my eyes.