seventy five

the bell rings indicating lunch was over. 

wesley helps me off the floor. "you have everything?" he asks leading the way out of the second floor and down the staircase.

"yeah." i touch the outside pocket of my backpack to make sure it was closed. 

i couldn't afford to loose another pencil. literally. 

"thanks for keeping me company." i say feeling slightly guilty that he stuck by me the entire lunch period.

wesley glances at me grinning. "that was the whole point." he didn't sound annoyed like i'd pictured.

i smile thinking i liked what i heard.

i follow behind him until i find a table and i put my backpack on it so that i could do some homework. "see you later." i tell Wesley sitting down.

"bye." he waves going off to class.

i pull the strings out to open my backpack and flip through pages of my binder until i find the right spot. i start reviewing where i left off from before until someone's knuckles hit the table disrupting my concentration.

rap

thump-tap

lightly pat-thwack-

quickly i look up thinking wesley must have forgotten something.

"you look lost." Rider mentions with a grin. 

it was the first time i saw him taking advantage of the library. he was leaning over with a backpack sitting on one shoulder.

"ah, yes." i chuckle embarrassed. "forgot to bring a pencil with me." i say thinking i must have accidentally left mine behind somewhere else. 

"here." rider hands me a fat black pencil.

"thanks." i say handling the awkward cylindrical instrumental tool for writing.

"keep it. i have plenty." he walks further down the aisle choosing a green table more in the center of the room of the first floor. 

i avoided sitting their at all costs because it was facing more towards the front and that meant whomever came in could see me.

thanks to riders pencil i managed to get a lot done. i didn't even have to sharpen it once.